Play Hole 17 at Dormie Club

That's a solid 3 or 4 shot onto the green for me, more likely 4 since I can't GIR my usual par 5's I don't see a world where I can do this one.

3 will get me to the green side of the bunker and then 4th onto the green itself that's the likely scenario.

So here is how I see this hole going for me. Yank pull the driver off the tee. Punch out to the fairway because of tree trouble. Lay up short of the cross bunker. Pull my approach shot into the bunker left of the green. Out of the bunker in one shot (somehow). Then three putt for an 8.

But I get to find out come October!

So here is how I see this hole going for me. Yank pull the driver off the tee. Punch out to the fairway because of tree trouble. Lay up short of the cross bunker. Pull my approach shot into the bunker left of the green. Out of the bunker in one shot (somehow). Then three putt for an 8.

But I get to find out come October!
Well if that isn’t confident I don’t know what is 😂

Line up slightly left of the Oak, hit a fade between the bunkers, lay up at the end of the fairway before the hells half acre, then wedge to 9!into the green.
Now that I have my notes in front of me it will be driver off the tee at the oak tree, leaving approximately 145-153 to the nearest point of the large waste area or still about 250 out from the center to far for one poke so I’ll layup to a 80 to 90 yd shot uphill in for a full SW or GW into the green that tilts back towards us as the slope should add 10 yds or so.

I would probably get an 9 on this hole...
Probably go into that fairway bunker on shot 3 or 4, then 2 or 3 putt lol

Hopefully I can play it one day and prove myself wrong.

Back