Play the ball down or fluff your lie? Or a little bit of both?

I suppose some is just outright lying. But plenty also comes from scoring a very lose and feee of many rules type of golf too. Which fwiw is also lyng or for some percentage is just an hnest ignorance. And yea, i agree it wil never be stopped.

Rollin. Do you think this was going on 15 years ago?

Rollin. Do you think this was going on 15 years ago?

probably been going on for like ever. But as ive maintained in the thread, fortunately most people in the system of the HC or simply stating what they average scpre wise as it relates to the game are doing so while playing close to consistant enough with the rules. Imo its not like most people in the system are doing it while playing very far from the rules the way others might play thier very casual golf. I think there is still more than enough integirty in the system becauase of this.

probably been going on for like ever. But as ive maintained in the thread, fortunately most people in the system of the HC or simply stating what they average scpre wise as it relates to the game are doing so while playing close to consistant enough with the rules. Imo its not like most people in the system are doing it while playing very far from the rules the way others might play thier very casual golf. I think there is still more than enough integirty in the system becauase of this.

During that time, we had the biggest growth to the game of golf in its history by just about every measurable available. So I think its safe to say it wont impact the game growing, and while people will continue to play the way they want (and should), the game is getting healthier again as most Americans have more money in their pocket currently than they did a few years ago.

During that time, we had the biggest growth to the game of golf in its history by just about every measurable available. So I think its safe to say it wont impact the game growing, and while people will continue to play the way they want (and should), the game is getting healthier again as most Americans have more money in their pocket currently than they did a few years ago.

as you know from the thread....Ive always stated that things could become poorly affected "if" most people claimed thier very casual rules free golf into the systems. But most who seriously state thier scors and caps do imo play close enough to consistant with the rules.

Played the ball down today despite the aeration and putted everything. Once again dominated my index lol..

I thought it would make for an interesting convo (I don't fluff very often at all minus maybe discussed dead fairway, but I do take gimmes) seeing how my handicap would be impacted. If anything, it's improving haha - weird.

Played the ball down today despite the aeration and putted everything. Once again dominated my index lol..

I thought it would make for an interesting convo (I don't fluff very often at all minus maybe discussed dead fairway, but I do take gimmes) seeing how my handicap would be impacted. If anything, it's improving haha - weird.

I never found arated fw's to be an issue to cause fluffing. I guess i can see it but other than moving the ocassional plug out of the way I ust dont recall ever having much an issue.

I never found arated fw's to be an issue to cause fluffing. I guess i can see it but other than moving the ocassional plug out of the way I ust dont recall ever having much an issue.

Depending on how large the plugs are, your ball sitting in a hole would absolutely be impacted by a big bit of variance.

always Down, only move it if i am playing a Captains Choice or scramble

Depending on how large the plugs are, your ball sitting in a hole would absolutely be impacted by a big bit of variance.

hey...fwiw...just what is the ruling for playing aerated fairways? or fwiw, greens too? Are they considered GUR. And if they are, how does one play a green that is technically considered GUR? Just has me curious now.

hey...fwiw...just what is the ruling for playing aerated fairways? or fwiw, greens too? Are they considered GUR. And if they are, how does one play a green that is technically considered GUR? Just has me curious now.

would require a local rule for lift/clean/place.

Or one could just lift/clean/place on their own . . . if one doesn't mind a little cheating. Haha

Or one could just roll it. Oh wait . . .

Or one could just lift/clean/place on their own . . . if one doesn't mind a little cheating. Haha

Or one could just roll it. Oh wait . . .

haha, or play it down and lower their handicap #eyeroll #PersonalExperience

Correct.

d. Aeration Holes
When a course has been aerated, a Local Rule permitting relief, without penalty, from an aeration hole may be warranted. The following Local Rule is recommended:

"Through the green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be lifted without penalty, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. The ball when dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green.

On the putting green, a ball that comes to rest in or on an aeration hole may be placed at the nearest spot not nearer the hole that avoids the situation.

I play the ball down except if lands near an area that can injury me (Done that once, won't do it again) or my equipment. I'll roll it back.

In my Tuesday League, we have a "Roll it" from a Divot rule, move it to grass rule if you ask your opponent first and move it from possible injury or club damage, again clearing it first with my opponent first.

BTW: I take my own "Gimmies." Let's move the game along.

Ive read this from the first page.

I just wanted someone to know.

question for this since I honestly dont know: is a local rule necessary if the area affected is marked with white paint or stakes as it should be?

question for this since I honestly dont know: is a local rule necessary if the area affected is marked with white paint or stakes as it should be?

Well, yes, because it's a lot easier to have a local rule vs painting the entire golf course fairways haha

Fun fact, in HS golf, most states have moved to giving a grip length on all shots.
No kidding? I did not know that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ive read this from the first page.

I just wanted someone to know.

OMG I just did this. Glad I am not the only one with hours of time to waste.

All I have to say is everyone takes liberties, if your saying you don't then you're not human. Period. Guess what.....every week my mens league cheats, you know how, we play by desert rules. When you tee off and the ball goes in the desert you drop one club length from where it entered, no closer to the hole. Tell me.....how many times we have been accurate in where the ball entered. I would say maybe 5%.....maybe less. Thats cheating...so I am proud to be a cheater, and every time I drop that ball I know personally that it is a guestimation of where it entered. Yet all of us agreed on where we thought it entered (except for the old geezers who can't see). So we are all guilty of it, and we all had an amazing day.

Also if @canadan posted he shot a 58, guess what that dude shot a 58, rolls....no rolls gimmies....all I know is I have seen first hand that he can flat out game. Period. Also there are no seasons in AZ, and when they punch the fairways and greens I have yet to see someone who does not roll. In fact I am pretty sure the course tells you that under the current conditions you were allowed to roll.

Back