I think thsi shot calls for some roll, I'll probably take my cbx 48* and try to land it about half way there

Same club, same shot. If my math is right that should land it safely short of that ridge and let it release safely down toward the pin. I'm not precise enough to control spin if I carry onto the downslope. I have a lot of confidence in my 48* CBX on these shots.

First I'd probably chunk it onto the fringe. Then I'd mutter a few swear words. Then I'd chunk it to the top of the Ridge. Rinse and repeat mutterings. Then I'd three putt but since I drove the green it'd only be a double. :)

I'd be tempted to use the 4h, chip it into the fringe, and let it roll, like a putt, the rest of the way.

First I'd probably chunk it onto the fringe. Then I'd mutter a few swear words. Then I'd chunk it to the top of the Ridge. Rinse and repeat mutterings. Then I'd three putt but since I drove the green it'd only be a double. :)

How'd you drive the green if the 2nd shot was in the rough (as pictured)?

I'd be tempted to use the 4h, chip it into the fringe, and let it roll, like a putt, the rest of the way.

How'd you drive the green if the 2nd shot was in the rough (as pictured)?
I actually tried a 3h just for fun. Landing it on the fringe caused some unpredictable bounces and the ball still went by the hole. Hit one a touch too hard, just missed the fringe and was 30 feet by.

"With that much green to work with & a clean lie, I would take a 8 or 9 iron and play a bump & run. The idea is to get the ball on the green rolling like a putt as soon as possible. "

+1

Bingo. This is the shot I would hit.

Have you taught this to your team? Especially the players that likes to carry it to the hole.

Have you taught this to your team? Especially the players that likes to carry it to the hole.

One of the first shots I make them start trying green side, play it back, little bit toe down, hands forward, and trust it. They’re always shocked when it checks a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One of the first shots I make them start trying green side, play it back, little bit toe down, hands forward, and trust it. They’re always shocked when it checks a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great shot, Well done!

Back foot square face run it up there through the ridge

I'm gonna play a flop shot with my 64. I've practiced this shot a lot and have played it.

SW (54), about 8 feet, leaving me a sweet 35 foot downhill putt.

Back