Joshnoble01

2024 THP Fantasy Football Experience w/ Adam Rank
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Are you guys/gals comfortable playing alone? I never have been able to. But I need to start or I’m not going to get any better. My regular golfing buddy has a completely opposite schedule as me and we can only play once a month. I can talk my brother or dad into a round a month. Everyone else I play with is a couple times a year.

I’m just uncomfortable playing alone. Don’t know why but I am. I’m a morning person so I should just go out early and get it done before work. But for some reason there’s a little fear that keeps me from not doing it. I’m not so bad it’s embarrassing. I can play with single digit handicaps and not slow them down

I need to get over it because I’m not getting my friends out more frequently. And I want to play a couple times a week. My goal this year is to break 90 regularly and whatever that handicap ends up being improving on it every couple of months. With the 2-3 year goal of joining the breaking 80 thread.

Anyone else have this fear?

I play most of my golf alone - I play WAY more than my family and friends, although I’ve got a few guys out more often than they had in the past.

I play because I enjoy the experience... the grass under my feet... a well struck ball... if I’m doing that alone or with friends I’m ok with it. Playing with other people definitely gives the game another enjoyable element and sense of camaraderie. Given a choice, I’d like to have a regular playing partner.

I don't enjoy playing alone as much as I do playing with others, but if it was my only choice I'd definitely do it. Fortunately, my regular group has standing tee times three days a week and Men's Club on Saturdays, so I very rarely have to play alone.

I play the majority of my rounds alone because of my schedule. I actually enjoy it now but it was a hurdle at first. Now I play some music and just enjoy hitting the ball.

I play alone most of the time. As my friends have different days off then me. My last round was suppose to be 3 players joining but they didn’t show up so I went out on my own.

Local course opened 4-5 weeks ago and only allowed singles..... loved it.... put on the music, played my ball and rounds lasted 2.5 hours.... certainly was a different experience, but was still enjoyable!

My brother and I learned how to to play golf together, but he's lost interest the last few years, so I play most of my golf alone, but occasionally I'll join other groups which I usually enjoy. The one thing I've figured out is that I enjoy playing golf alone much more if I'm walking. When I'm riding, I get really impatient if I'm stuck behind a slow group which leads to me skipping holes, which I always regret, especially if I'm playing well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

years ago I played a great deal alone but not longer like it. When I try this I usually get paired up with another single and we have to wait alot. If I could play private courses mid-weekday it would be OK.

Can always ask the pro shop to pair you up. I did that this past week and meet a couple great members that way!

Never been a fan of playing solo. Can use the extra set of eyes to help me find my ball at times plus it’s nice to socialize with someone else during the round.

I LOVE playing alone. I don’t mind the solace and quiet. It helps center me.

It’s the opposite for me. I’m fearful of being paired up with some loudmouths, drunks, or generally angry people. That’s my fear.

I used to play about half of my rounds solo and had no problem with it. Now it is maybe 10%, which is also fine. As long as the round concludeds within about 3 hours, I have no problem either way.

I love it. I’m not rushed or waiting on anyone. I can move at a better pace, usually a 2 hr round) and I can hit multiple balls at times to work on something or confirm a yardage.

I put on some music and off I go.

Last edited:
I grew up playing alone and paired with strangers, so it feels pretty natural to me. Being new to the area I'm sure I'll end up playing alone some, but I generally ask to be paired up with others. For me, alone is good for a practice round, but playing with strangers is better for my game.

I like playing alone so long as the course is empty in front of me.

Nothing worse than playing alone and getting stuck on a busy course.

I don't mind it, but prefer to play with others. If there is something I want to work on, then I have no issues playing alone.

Worst part about playing by yourself is when you get let through because your by yourself and then you gotta grip it and rip it in front of a random group. Other than that it’s just practice so I feel it’s done better more efficiently by yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it! Went out yesterday as a single played through a 2 some & 4 some and finished in 2:30!

I suppose it's like eating alone, it is a bit awkward at first but you get used to it. It's a great way to sort of get into the "zen" of the game without the distractions of making conversation and paying attention to others' shots and if you are lucky and the course is open ahead, you can play at a great pace.

As much as I enjoy playing with others, I absolutely love playing alone. I just zone in. A quiet walk, just me and the course. Have played some of my best rounds in solitude. Of course, the golfing gods make sure I don’t get too zoned in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love it! Went out yesterday as a single played through a 2 some & 4 some and finished in 2:30!
2:30 to 2:45 is just my favorite pace, but only possible playing solo or with one fast buddy. We played in 3:13 yesterday as a foursome, which wasn't too bad.

I’m an introvert so I very much enjoy a solo round.

Concurrently I don’t mind playing with friends and I also don’t mind pairing up with strangers. I’ve found that I can get good prices on nice courses as a single if I’m willing to join a threesome.

When I started golfing I always played alone. Well I booked a single time. Now 11 months later we really need to book two tee times as I’ve made friends and our group has grown. Our Thursday group is a blast. No hurry and very encouraging group. We keep up or just under the course pace but we have a great time. Friday’s we sometimes have our full group again and sometimes it’s just 2 of us.

My suggestion is go play and meet some new friends. Soon you will have an abundance of golfing partners.

I've played solo on many occasions. I don't mind it. Then again, I don't mind playing with others.

Maybe if not crowded, I will make a practice round out of a solo golf. Maybe play some 2 ball. Try some different things.

I think it's easier to focus when by myself, but I'm not so sure my scores are any better.

Golf is golf.

I love it. I can play faster, get done, and still have time in my day for things that need to get done.

Back