Poll: Have you ever thrown a club while playing because you were mad?

Poll: Have you ever thrown a club while playing because you were mad?

• Only once, hopefully never again

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • More than once

Votes: 62 47.3%
  • Never

Votes: 40 30.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes I have. I have frustration issues and sometimes they get the best of me. I have been doing a lot better the past year.

I did once when I was a kid, my dad scolded me right in the fairway. Never have done it since, and won't. I am not a good enough golfer to get angry.

I've done this probably 4 or 5 times in my life. One of them was truly embarrassing and I believe it was the last time I did. I took a 14 on my home course #1 hole while I was playing in a qualifying round for an upcoming tournament with my college golf team squad. Worst hole ever and worse temper outburst ever on the golf course. Never again!

I've done this probably 4 or 5 times in my life. One of them was truly embarrassing and I believe it was the last time I did. I took a 14 on my home course #1 hole while I was playing in a qualifying round for an upcoming tournament with my college golf team squad. Worst hole ever and worse temper outburst ever on the golf course. Never again!

haha I can't see you throwing anything partner. It's good to see you're human though:D .

Haven't thrown a club since high school. My dad gave me a severe talking to about it after he saw me throw one. Haven't done so since. Been a few times I wanted to though!

After seeing this poll I was reading a golf magazine while waiting to get my hair cut. In one of the sections they polled 50 PGA golfers about course rage. 48% said they had broken a club while playing out of rage. One golfer even said they he brakes about one a week.

I think "throw" can be interpreted differently!! I've never tried to clear the street running along the fairway, but I've tossed a wedge or two in disgust!

I have dropped a club during my follow through, but I have never thrown one.

Never really full on thrown a club but have tossed a wedge back to area near bag a few times. Always make sure to not throw at bag ever since i saw a guy playing with me throw his wedge at his bag and break his driver and 3 wood shafts in one go haha

Play with a guy each week who throws all his clubs all over course and it is hillarious. In the last year he ahs had his 8 iron re-shafted twice and caved in his driver face ! never worries me him throwing clubs, we just tell him to make sure he doesnt throw it our way. Last week I measured with ym gps how far he threw his 9 iron after a shank and it was 54 yards !

Back