Poll - What type of fitting(s) are you getting / did you already get in 2024?

What type of fitting(s) are you getting in 2024?

• Total voters
Did my putter fitting for the Quest Cup. TBD if I do any other fittings this year.

Did an iron fitting at Club Champion a month ago. Ordered Titleist T350’s with Synystr shafts 5i-SW. I’ve played about 15 rounds and numerous range sessions with them and I’m struggling, ready to go back to my ‘23 Paradym X’s!

I did irons and wedges then went back and did driver and FW woods. The putter was set. Very pleased with the new gear.

I have a fitting booked while I'm at the UK golf show in May. It is one of the show deals so £10 for a 40-minute fitting with one of the manufacturers - I picked Callaway (unsurprisingly). Couldn't turn it down.

Not specified what I'm going for but it will likely be either driver or if they are doing them wedges. Suspect driver as everything I'm reading says get wedges fitted outdoors.

I'm fairly happy with my (un-fitted) Paradym 10.5, and it is improving with use but I'd love to see how the AI Smoke performs given all of the feedback on here and which of the heads/shafts would be my best fit - hence picking the Callaway option. I'm unlikely to change it this season unless it is dramatic but it might inform me for the end of the year when demo clubs are being sold off or deals might come into play.

If I do look to change then I'll do a multi-brand fitting at my local fitting studio to make sure I check everyone out.

I did irons and wedges then went back and did driver and FW woods. The putter was set. Very pleased with the new gear.
CC again?

Did an iron fitting at Club Champion a month ago. Ordered Titleist T350’s with Synystr shafts 5i-SW. I’ve played about 15 rounds and numerous range sessions with them and I’m struggling, ready to go back to my ‘23 Paradym X’s!
I'm a year into my CC iron fitting, and my index has gone from 8.6 to 11.7 :confused:. ZX5 MKII w. SF i80 regular, 1* flat. D2 SW.
I just got fit by PXG and was putt into Gen6 XP, MMT 60, 1* weak, standard lie, C9 SW. I hit thes 5-7 yard farther carry w/ better dispersion. I'm ordering them Monday.
I still want to demo the AI Smoke irons with the 65g Tensei AV Blue, but none of our local shops has that in their Cally cart.
I still have some trackman time and a free fitting a CC, so I may have the Srixons bent to 62* lie.
CC has been a less than stellar experience for me, except the putter fitting I did 3 years ago, which gave me great insight into what I should be using as far as length, lie and loft.

Last edited:
Driver and iron fitting completed. Interested in doing a wedge fitting. Hoping to get the local Titleist fitter back at course to do fittings. Need to check with pro.

Playability guarantee I believe so I would go back to have them looked at.

I think at the end of speed training I should probably go to a Club Champion or somewhere similar that has all the shafts and be refit for iron shafts.

I've had driver but would like to revisit it when my swing is in better shape. I'd like to look at iron shafts, too. A wedge fitting would also be a lot of fun.

Playability guarantee I believe so I would go back to have them looked at.
I’ve been back once. The fitter checked everything and adjusted the lie on each club 1-1.5*.

So here’s what I’m struggling with. In the fitting bay off the mat the Trackman numbers don’t lie, these clubs outperform my Paradym X’s, hands down. However the transition to grass has been brutal. Fat, chunky, thin, you name it, I’ve hit it, with very few flush shots in between.

The range at my club has two brand new mats, plus grass. The last week I’ve been spending about an hour a day there. I’ll start with the mat, hitting each club til I get good contact, then moving to the grass in an attempt to replicate it.

I just returned home from a session where I didn’t hit from the mat at all. This time I started with a 6 iron in the practice bunker and hit balls until I was consistently hitting ball first, then sand. I then moved to grass and the results were pretty good. I hit 50 balls with 5i to PW, all but a half dozen or so were very good.

I hope I’m on the path to getting it right because when I do my part these clubs feel really good!

I’m finally coming into it with these T350 irons. It’s taken a lot of hard work at the range along with some minor changes to my swing. The biggest thing that helped was concentrating on hitting in the center of the club face shot after shot. To do that I used powder foot spray on each club. I discovered that I was consistently hitting it more towards the heel. By adjusting my position at address I’ve been able to change that and wow, what a difference.

I did a driver fitting last month if you can call it that at Golf Galaxy. Was really more of a testing

If I can find somewhere that does them on grass and not mats, I would like to get a wedge fitting done. Also a ball and putter fitting. I’m pretty comfortable with the rest of the bag. I’m not looking for any more distance, at this point it is what it is. I need to concentrate on 100 yards and in.

Might look to upgrade the TSi2… reading all about these 10k drivers has me asking for forgiveness…

Will be doing at least irons this year

I definitely plan on getting an iron fitting this year. It will be at PXG, and I'll be taking a hard look at the 0311P irons, Gen 5. I prefer the look of a smaller head of the "P" vs the "XP". I'd only consider Gen 6 if there is a significant, and I mean significant, improvement over Gen 5.

Back