Poll: Will Tiger make the cut at The Masters?

Poll: Will Tiger make the cut at The Masters?

• YES

Votes: 68 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 68 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
He is officially in. What are your thoughts? First tourney back at the biggest venue in golf. Does he make the cut?

What are your thoughts? First tourney back at the biggest venue in golf. Does he make the cut?
I don't know if I care. Maybe I'm in the minority, but there are 10 other young gun golfers I'm more interested in watching this weekend than Tiger.

This is not a Love/hate Tiger or anything to do with the amount of coverage he will get compared to the guys who are playing well. Just thoughts on whether he will make the cut.

Based on it being his first tournament back and the mental blocks he needs to get past, my vote would be that he does not make the cut.

I don't know if I care. Maybe I'm in the minority, but there are 10 other young gun golfers I'm more interested in watching this weekend than Tiger.

Dont be silly man, he is the most polarizing golfer of last 20 years and might the best winner of all time, you have a little part of you that wants to see what happens to him, good or bad.

the realist in me says no, but since i am one that cheers for tiger to be successful i will say yes.

I think like you, butwe will have to look at tiger play poorly instead of looking at the leaders....

I doubt he will make the cut. Tiger playing in the Masters is good for the game of golf and for that reason I am glad he is giving it a go.

I honestly don't think he does. He knows this course as well as anyone, but unless he has improved by leaps and bounds during the layoff, I don't see it.

Part of me would really like to see him play well as it always puts a charge in a lot of fans, but I hope he doesn't barely sneak in under the cut line. Don't need to see coverage of him trying to keep it under par for the week as the Sunday leaders are waiting to tee off.

Dont be silly man, he is the most polarizing golfer of last 20 years and might the best winner of all time, you have a little part of you that wants to see what happens to him, good or bad.
I hope he plays well and makes the cut. I hope he hangs around and has a chance to win it on Sunday. I HOPE to someday see him smiling on the golf course again.

Will any of those things happen this weekend? I doubt it.

No, do not think that there is any way he will make the cut. He has not played competitive golf in 6 weeks and he is going to come in and be sharp in a major. The only thing he has going for him is it is the Masters and so he knows the course exceptionally well, but his game is so different today that I cannot see him making the cut when he is not even comfortable with his own game.

Yep, makes the cut and shows the world he is back with a strong showing.....maybe a run at the jacket....it is golf and anything is possible

I really don't think so.

But the more important thing is I don't care in the slightest. Tiger is an ancillary story these days, I'm more interested in the guys who actually have a decent chance to win.

I'm an eternal optimist so I think if he plays he makes the cut.

I believe he will make the cut, it's a home game for him and he'll figure out what needs to be done at Augusta.

Not gonna make the cut. With no touch around the greens, he will lose a plethora of strokes there.

I hope he plays well and makes the cut. I hope he hangs around and has a chance to win it on Sunday. I HOPE to someday see him smiling on the golf course again.

Will any of those things happen this weekend? I doubt it.

When I read that, I heard it in my head as Red (Morgan Freeman) in Shawshank

If he chips like he has been, Augusta will eat his lunch and breaking 80 will be a challenge. I vote no and like some, it really doesn't matter to me.

He makes the cut and wins. The internet breaks and golf is over!

I think he makes the cut, but doesn't sniff the top 10 if even top 25.

I don't think he'll make the cut, I think it's another WD coming up.

i really hope so, but i don't really think so

I'm heading down for the practice round on Wednesday, and I was hoping I'd be able to see him on my first trip to Augusta. I'd really love to see him make the cut and be in contention on the back 9 Sunday, but it's hard to see at this point. I know CBS is hoping he makes the cut.

Back