Posting etiquette - Posting content from social media and how far back to you look for a repost?

I also think the same way with the SB thread, or even just the NFL thread and we've all been guilty of doing it.

There's a nice catch or play, 3 people will say almost the exact same thing within a minute or two of the same time. I don't wait to see if someone else posts the nice play or heck of a catch or great shot I'll do it and then once my post comes up there might be 3 others that were posted "moments ago".
I'm not specifically talking about reactionary posting in peoples own words lol

It's posting the same exact picture or tweet or news or something that's been posted a bunch already. But again, in a thread like those where it's live reactions, not a single person is going to read every post. That's a given. and wasn't the target of my post at all

I'm not specifically talking about reactionary posting in peoples own words lol

It's posting the same exact picture or tweet or news or something that's been posted a bunch already. But again, in a thread like those where it's live reactions, not a single person is going to read every post. That's a given. and wasn't the target of my post at all
Yeah, live reaction threads are totally different beasts.

For me, there is a difference between healthy, courteous discourse, even if there is disagreement and offensive, contentious posting. Rule 1 is trying to make the content something that adds value (even a humorous take can add value, @MtlJeff is a master at this). Rule 2 is that links should probably not be from direct competition, such as other golf forums. Rule 3 is to try to be real in posts while also realizing that some of the OEMs are spending significant dollars on experiences that benefit forum members. Keeping those rules in mind, I say post anything permitted by the forum rules.

I can't take credit, i have a team of ghostwriters behind me. All working towards the same goal

1) write some funny posts
2) Get rich somehow

We're still figuring it out

I try to search as best I can to see if someone has already posted it. I'm sure I've posted the same link again as someone earlier in the past. It happens.

If it's a fast moving thread (i.e., something everybody is following live), I'll maybe scroll back a page or two to make sure I'm not duplicating. If it's a thread that's been up for a month and has 25 posts, I'll take a quick spin through the whole thread.

Just speaking for myself here. I have an Instagram account, but I don't usually follow it from THP. I'm just too lazy to look up my password. My bad.

On THP all I really follow are the threads on golf. (95%) I like reading about golf. Nothing against non golf threads. Just not that interested in them.

I don't start many threads, because most of my ideas on golf have already been posted several times. I know this is how golf forums work, and there's not that many new topics on golf as it is.

As for replying to golf topics, that's a hit, or miss deal for me. If I read prior to what I.might add to a topic, I usually don't duplicate the info with another post. I just hit the like button, and move on.

I can say I have enjoyed the 4 years I've been here. I usually check in 3-4 times a day.

I don’t spend much time browsing social media to find things to post here so I guess I’ve never really considered how far I should search back for a link here

Back