Precept IQ 180 lady plus. Big thanks to GolferGal

Gus R

Reaction score
Handicap
none
This is a shout out to Golfer Gal for her bringing this ball to my attention. My wife who is a pretty good golfer has been playing a Callaway HX Pearl for the last few years. Last year Callaway decided to obsolete this ball. So when I saw the review on the Precept ball I PM'd Golfer Gal to see if she still liked this ball. After getting her feed back I told my wife about this new ball and we went out and picked up a dozen.

My wife plays to around a 10-11 handicap so she is pretty good, but this ball has given her a far better launch angle off her fairway woods and driver. She is 5'3" and 130lbs soaking wet and also old enough to be retired. Her first two rounds she just loved this ball to death and told me it was her ball from now on. She is not one to make such quick decisions on balls. Her results from her first two rounds was 78 and 79 with an hole out eagle on a par 4. The reason I mentioned her size is she hit one of her drives 229 yards according to my SkyCaddie.

I even tried it for 9 holes and while I liked the feel it launched a little to high for my taste and I like a little more spin on my irons. But come winter when the fairways are wet and slow I may put this ball in play for more carry. Bottom line I just wanted to say thanks to Golfer Gal, THP, and Precept too. This a great ball for a slower swing speed and for anyone who needs a little more height on their shots.

They're done with the Callaway HX Pearls??!??! I thought they just changed the name to the Solaires, which I have and the Precepts too :confused2:

The Solaires are Callaway's new ladies golf ball. They replaced the Pearls.

I am so sorry I missed this thread. That is awesome that your wife loves the ball so much. I have tried other balls, and I still keep trying new ones, but this one just works the best for me. I love how it feels when hitting it and how well it flies. Plus I like the way it feels off my putter and I really love the pink balls because I can find them so easily. Whenever I am near water I switch balls because I don't want to lose one in the water they are too precious.

Thanks for the great feedback Gus :smile:

Glad the mrs. likes them Gus! thanks for the write up!

My daughter plays them (in pink of course) and she likes them a lot. I "borrowed" one from her and I liked it too, seeing that I have a fairly "average" swing speed. The nice thing about that ball is that it was for me quite easy to spot wherever it landed. Stood out like a beacon. Thought I would get some ribbing for it from a couple of the guys that I was playing with, but everyone was real cool about it.

My daughter plays them (in pink of course) and she likes them a lot. I "borrowed" one from her and I liked it too, seeing that I have a fairly "average" swing speed. The nice thing about that ball is that it was for me quite easy to spot wherever it landed. Stood out like a beacon. Thought I would get some ribbing for it from a couple of the guys that I was playing with, but everyone was real cool about it.

I play with these as well and they're awesome!! My BF will play with one every once in a while though...not very often :wink:

Back