Precision Pro Nexus Laser Rangefinder - THP Review Thread

Thanks Dean for the review - I'm looking for my first Rangefinder and this looks like a great entry finder. The Battery indicator is a great feature. I was just on their site and the $30 rebate has been extended to 6/30. May have to pick this up.

Here is the website and shows the $30 rebate - http://www.precisionprogolf.com/product/nexus-laser-rangefinder/
I'm working a couple of sellers on ebay to get the base price under $199.95 - Starting to think that I'm working harder than the $10 I'm going to save.
But that is my issue.

UPDATE: Bought my Father's Day to me! Under $150 with rebate. Could not pass it up.

Last edited:
Are they still $169? Im not sure how I missed this, seems like a great unit for the price. I was looking at the small nikon as well.

IMO, they would have to be in that price considering the Nikon Coolshot 20 is $166 on Amazon.

I haven't used the Nexus but from those THPer's who have, it sounds like the speed of picking up flags is slower on this Nexus than on a new Bushnell, Nikon, or Leopold. I personally would prefer to get a well known name brand rangefinder like the Nikon in this $170 price point. My 8 year old Nikon still works flawlessly and is just as fast as my new Leupold GX-3i2 or and of the recent Bushnell's I've owned.

So I used this for the first time last night and I really like it. Simple and easy to use. No problem reading the flag or anything else lasered. Seemed to be accurate based on getting the same readings as other golfers with rangefinders. I can see how having a rangefinder makes a difference in your game. Looks like this was a good addition to the bag. I picked this up for $175 on eBay and sent in a rebate - Let's see if I get the $30 back.

Has anyone tried this model in a stick it magnet cover? Curious how well it fits and works on it?

Has anyone tried this model in a stick it magnet cover? Curious how well it fits and works on it?

That is what I use and it works rather well.

Same dimensions as a Bushnell V3, or pretty damn close to it.

I have both as well, and it works just fine.

The stick it could be a bit smaller, but if you situate things just right it won't obstruct the operation or anything.

Picked one of these up in a trade, first round and I like it so far, seems to work well, fast and at such an affordable price. And the CS from the company is excellent, emailed about a missing part and they sent a replacement ASAP!

Back