Pressure: Can You Handle It??

That’s sweet! The sports not the knee! Played football and baseball in college. Only 1 year of CFB due to my 6th concussion in 2 years. Played 4 years of Baseball.

I’m a terrible bowler as I just throw it as hard as I can! How does one become a professional bowler?
Used to have to have a sanctioned average over 200 for 2 years to apply for a PBA card. Then you just pay entry fees to bowl in qualifiers. I don't know if that's still the case though.

Always keep the next shot in your mind, not the last one.. time enough to reflect when the golfings done

I don't play in competitions right now. That might change if I join the senior league next year. My normal playing partners would take all my money if I bet with them. I never considered myself to be a pressure player. But it seems like when ist busy and a group behind us comes up and watches us tee off I feel more pressure. And most times I hit a good drive. So if the pressure of strangers watching counts, maybe I'm better than I thought. I hit some of my best drives on the first tee when more people are around.

I've played competitive sports since I was a kid, I enjoy the adrenaline rush from the pressure but I can't say I always perform well under it. It's a mixed bag for me.

I think I suffer from "imposter syndrome" to some degree - although my game has gotten a lot better than it used to be, I can't get the old (100+ golfer) me entirely out of my head. It seems like every time I'm playing well and have the opportunity to go low (for me), I have a couple blowup holes that take me right out of it.

I don't handle pressure well especially in golf, and it doesn't take much to feel pressure. Just putting for birdie, if I know/realize I am, I will blow it. Sometimes I get the jitters on the Tee box for unknown reason I can't get the ball to stay on the Tee.

I need some pressure...just not @GolferGal standing behind me with a video letting me know the green runs downhill towards the water while I have a nasty lie. 😂

At 66 nothing really bothers me. I was a little nervous in my first league games, but like anything, the more you do it, the more confident you get - at least in my opinion. Being a "weekend warrior" doesn't lend itself to being over confident.

I’d say I play pretty well under pressure in moments. For the stretch of 18 holes the more pressure there is the worse I play. When I absolutely need a par or birdie I feel like I can get it. But at some point when there is significant pressure I can never play consistent and well generally have a stretch of horrid holes.

really hoping to be a more consistent player in 2021

Back