Private or Public Club ?

That's awesome man! Glad you're enjoying it, and makes me feel better about the possibility of the one I'm looking at.

The courses that I play are semi private.

Visit today went great. Really liked the facility and course looked pretty nice from what I could see. Playing it on Monday then will decide on signing up. Already talked to my wife about it though and got the green light on her end, so this is most likely a done deal.

Just renewed for my 3rd year at a Private Club. I use the range and the golf course. Best part of private for me is pace of play (3.5 hrs or less most days) consistently good conditions. Most clubs restaurants have suffered with staffing issues post COVID. Mine is no exception so I dine there only to meet my minimum

3 months into a private course membership. Work and weather have caused issues with the amount of golf I’ve gotten to play. Still very happy to have a place to play and practice within cart range from house. Have enjoyed a couple rounds walking also. Played 18 as a single a few weeks ago in an hour 45.

I generally agree that private clubs are preferable if the money isn't a barrier. That said, one important thing to consider is how often you will want to have guests. Almost all private clubs have a guest policy which limits the number of times you can bring any particular guest. Have a buddy from work who you love to play with? You may be out of luck. Many private courses will limit him to 3-5 rounds in a year. And since you paid all that money for a private membership, you won't often want to go play with him somewhere else.

Considering joining a private club soon. Visiting one tomorrow just to check it out and then playing a round there next week before deciding. This is a pretty "bare bones" private club. By that I mean it is just golf, that's it, and it has a restaurant/grill. No pool and no other extras. It also has no types of minimums; food and beverage for example. I can pay the monthly fee and golf as much as I want with no extra charges on top; cart is $20 if I ride but I want to start walking more. This is all exactly what I want as I don't really want anything extra that's going to drive up the cost. I just want to golf more.

Has anyone joined a place similar sounding to this? Did you get bored with it?

In Fort Worth? Which one?

We just joined Mira Vista in SWFW and are moving within a couple of miles in 2 weeks.

I live by the Groucho Marx quote, “I would never belong to a club that would accept someone like me as a member!” I changed it a little, but it holds true everywhere, Speedy Rewards, and VIP shopping cards, etc.
Oh, I just don’t want to jinx them, the one I did join was the Borders Rewards Club and we know what happened to Borders Books! 😩

In Fort Worth? Which one?

We just joined Mira Vista in SWFW and are moving within a couple of miles in 2 weeks.
Diamond Oaks

I generally agree that private clubs are preferable if the money isn't a barrier. That said, one important thing to consider is how often you will want to have guests. Almost all private clubs have a guest policy which limits the number of times you can bring any particular guest. Have a buddy from work who you love to play with? You may be out of luck. Many private courses will limit him to 3-5 rounds in a year. And since you paid all that money for a private membership, you won't often want to go play with him somewhere else.
Can bring a guest 9 times a year at the one I'm looking at which seems like a good amount.

I'm very fortunate with my club in that regard. They welcome guests and I am able to pre pay 10 packs and make those rounds even cheaper for the guests.

Back