Pro Mental Coach Review - Forum Testing

Just an update on this for anyone that is pondering.

It's been almost a month since I started using the program and have been pretty disciplined about staying on the schedule laid out for me, which is basically doing a set of exercises every other day. The program is good at increasing difficulty on exercises where you're performing well while maintaining difficulty for exercises you're still figuring out.

Without describing each exercise, the ones laid out for me mainly target stress management, brain speed, mental endurance and focus. As others have commented, there is an exercise that makes you work on breathing, inhaling every 8 - 10 seconds for 6 minutes, which has been proven to lower stress hormones immediately. I've used it on the course a few times and it helps get rid of a lot of those negative thoughts that seem to pile up when you hit a rough patch.

Generally, I am pretty happy with this purchase. I am thinking and focusing on my game when I should be, instead of when I'm standing over the ball. I've noticed a significant difference in that regard. In the past, I used to try and figure out how I needed to swing as I was standing over the ball. Now, I think about what I need to do before address and once I stand over the ball, I start the swing much more quickly. I attribute that to the brain speed exercises.

I'm also starting to notice areas where my mental game needs work. The biggest are towards the end of the round, where I may start to get a little casual and hurried, so this seems to be a mental endurance issue. The other is my reaction after a good hole, like a birdie, where I get complacent and lose focus, already satisfied that I played well on at least one hole. There are exercises for that as well, so will be putting in time to improve in those areas. I'm glad I found a program that is effective and allows me to work on this stuff interactively, as opposed to just reading a book about it.

Sorry to dig up an old(er) thread, but I hace a question about this software.

I started my training this week, and the pre shot routine has me confused.
When I time my real routine, I finish at 36 seconds every time. On the software, the 36 second mark is far beyond 36 seconds in real time. Its more like a minute.

So my question is, am I to focus on my inhale by seeing the pictures only? Is that what the exercise is?

Or am I supposed to breathe normally ( meaning I finish my routine way before the PMC clock gets to 36 seconds)?

Timing is off.

Thanks

Sorry to dig up an old(er) thread, but I hace a question about this software.

I started my training this week, and the pre shot routine has me confused.
When I time my real routine, I finish at 36 seconds every time. On the software, the 36 second mark is far beyond 36 seconds in real time. Its more like a minute.

So my question is, am I to focus on my inhale by seeing the pictures only? Is that what the exercise is?

Or am I supposed to breathe normally ( meaning I finish my routine way before the PMC clock gets to 36 seconds)?

Timing is off.

Thanks

I think you're supposed to breathe normal. I think that program is training you to groove a breathing pattern to make your pre shot routine a lot more automatic and ingrained in your subconscious.

Taps away

Well, I emailed NueroActive because I thought this was an important step for me, and I wanted to get it right. To my surprise, I received a response within 15 minutes.

The response was this:
You are right that the clock doesn’t match with real time. In fact, the clock should be seen as a graphic indication of time lapse. So you are right to suggest to only use visual, thus adjusting the length of each sequence to your real time, then your virtual routine will match your on-course routine.

Hope this help

So there you have it. I will say this about the breathing.....its helped calm my driver down. I was bombing it dead straight yesterday. I really want to master this part.

To anyone who uses/used this program:

Does using this program help you refocus on your next shot in distraction situations? Does it make it easier to slip into your routine and play better because you can quiet your mind and get back to the shot at hand?

Back