Pro V1 Price Increase

here in calgary for all premium balls we pay 45 - 50 bucks already i sure hope the price doesn't go up here.

Great move by Titleist! Way to go guys. If you can't make a better product, just make it more expensive. So many morons will play something b/c it's the most expensive.

In economics, something with a "fixed" demand means that supply-demand economics no longer applies. The people who buy gasoline will buy gasoline no matter what the price because they have to.

Likewise, the people who play ProV1 will continue to play ProV1 no matter what price. I would expect that sales would dip a little bit as people leave the brand... but titleist will make more money per sale and probably comes out on top in the long run.

In economics, something with a "fixed" demand means that supply-demand economics no longer applies. The people who buy gasoline will buy gasoline no matter what the price because they have to.

Likewise, the people who play ProV1 will continue to play ProV1 no matter what price. I would expect that sales would dip a little bit as people leave the brand... but titleist will make more money per sale and probably comes out on top in the long run.

Hi, Gus.

Kevin

Hi Kevin!

Long time no see! (mostly my fault)

Hi Kevin!

Long time no see! (mostly my fault)

No problem, man. Life gets in the way sometimes. Though some would forget that.

Kevin

It'll be another 3 months til I get to hit my Pro V1's. They are, as indicated; Reload Edition, previously hit. At $19.99 CDN/ dozen, I figured why not. After using (losing) the last one. I'll most likely go to something cheaper and just as good as Pro V1.
It is ridiculous how high it is for dozen new Pro V1. Finding these slightly used and cheaper editions @ my local Canadian Tire was awesome and hopefully when I'm on the 1st tee, they'll fly straight and long. L8R

I use cheap balls.

how can you tell the new model from previous years models

how can you tell the new model from previous years models

Especially between the 2011 to 2012 version. I know that 2010 had a different aiming on the side but I'm curious if anything was changed in this years model.

Especially between the 2011 to 2012 version. I know that 2010 had a different aiming on the side but I'm curious if anything was changed in this years model.

The Pro V1 gets updated every two years.

The Penta's are buy one dozen, get one free at most of the Big Box Stores here in Texas. I dont play them, I just notice it every time i stop in somewhere.

Are they really that cheap? I havent seen anything like that. I may have to send you some money to stock me up for the season.

Don´t cry american guys...., in Spain the Dz off ProV1, cost arround 75 $....

The Pro V1 gets updated every two years.

As with everything in the Titleist world, eh? Don't they upgrade their clubs every two years as well?

As with everything in the Titleist world, eh? Don't they upgrade their clubs every two years as well?

Yup hence their lack of much presence at the PGA show or even for commercials

First a comment on the price point. It's high, their $45.99 or whatever it was last year was what got me looking at other golf balls finally. I do think they will lose some of their customers to the other major golf ball manufacturer's, but probably not enough to make them change their mind.

As for proV1s, I will continue to play them sometimes. They have a lower flight for me, so the ground needs to be dry for me to want to play them. One thing I learned last year, after becoming a member here, is that while marketing may catch my attention, there is no single ball that is perfect for everyone. And for me, I have a few golf balls that I prefer in certain conditions, depending on the wetness of the ground and the wind in the air. So regardless of the price, I'll play the ball that's best for me in my situation.

~Rock

Back