Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

I think I’ll be just fine holding greens due to height haha

Like I said, I’ll be interested to see how you do. Going to fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Member here, just got the Apex 2019 (non pro) with Catalyst 5.5 60. Had a swing speed of around 75-80 with 6 iron, but that has gone up top 82-84 consistently since switching from Modus Tour 115S. I absolutely love them. I grooved into them immediately when i demoed them a few weeks ago. They have helped me get faster and focus of being a smooth swinger vs an aggressive swinger and with the Apex 19 have gained about 15-20 yards over my MMC MP 18 (stronger lofts). I love the weight and the stiffness of them. They feel different than the Modus as far as loading, but feel just as stiff at the 5.5. Ive always been a fan of recoil, but these are just on a whole different and better level.

I think we can say without a doubt this is the best first post ever!

I think we can say without a doubt this is the best first post ever!

So good, they made me get a THP account to tell the world!

So good, they made me get a THP account to tell the world!

Couldn’t agree more with you. @Alez367 brought these shafts to my attention. I ordered my Apex19 with them. I was resistant to graphite as they’ve always been to soft for me. But these are crazy good. I’m a big fan.

Has anyone put one in there Utility Iron? Thinking of getting one in my X Forged UT. Curious if anyone has had luck or not with it.

Has anyone put one in there Utility Iron? Thinking of getting one in my X Forged UT. Curious if anyone has had luck or not with it.

sure what specifically would you like to know. I've used both 70g and 100g options.

Did it help your ball flight and distance or change it? Did it help your tempo and help with getting more consistent contact on the face? and if you got the X Forged, what is the hosel size on the head. Have had conflicting views. Know catalyst comes in a .355 tip but would like to keep the shaft weights consistent.

I have a Catalyst 70 6.0 I pulled from a APEX Hybrid and it is .370

Did it help your ball flight and distance or change it? Did it help your tempo and help with getting more consistent contact on the face? and if you got the X Forged, what is the hosel size on the head. Have had conflicting views. Know catalyst comes in a .355 tip but would like to keep the shaft weights consistent.

I have a pretty smooth tempo and it worked well with both 70g and 100g shafts. The 100 was taper tip while the 70g was parallel. I used them both in 21* and 24*. 24* had 100g and shot tendency was mid flight with good roll. Able to flight lower or higher but never ballooned.

I have a pretty smooth tempo and it worked well with both 70g and 100g shafts. The 100 was taper tip while the 70g was parallel. I used them both in 21* and 24*. 24* had 100g and shot tendency was mid flight with good roll. Able to flight lower or higher but never ballooned.

Thats great! was a tad worried about ballooning. Did a .370 tip fit into the head?

Thats great! was a tad worried about ballooning. Did a .370 tip fit into the head?

I believe the XF UT is parallel tip so any shaft would work

After a month with the Apex 19's with Catalyst shafts, I can say i will not be getting rid of these. Swinging these are effortless, almost to the point of reading my mind. And getting my X forged UT 21 degree reshafted into the Catalyst has really helped tighten the dispersion a lot.

After a month with the Apex 19's with Catalyst shafts, I can say i will not be getting rid of these. Swinging these are effortless, almost to the point of reading my mind. And getting my X forged UT 21 degree reshafted into the Catalyst has really helped tighten the dispersion a lot.

It’s a great shaft for driving irons.

It’s a great shaft for driving irons.

@OITW and I have something cooking. We should be back in a week or two with some more input on that topic.

@OITW and I have something cooking. We should be back in a week or two with some more input on that topic.

I need all the help I can get - I’m about to throw my woods in the trash

I was wondering what came of that discussion. I hope you guys are having fun with it. Looking forward to what you guys present.

I need all the help I can get - I’m about to throw my woods in the trash

Can’t think bud just gotta swing. It’s like driving a car. If you thought about it, dead meat. Just say hey.. I got this. And freakin rip it

Can’t think bud just gotta swing. It’s like driving a car. If you thought about it, dead meat. Just say hey.. I got this. And freakin rip it

The frustrating piece is i was fine at my lesson and on the range

Then utter nonsense on course

I was +7 thru 3

The need the right Catalyst (see what I did there) to get the game back ok track

The frustrating piece is i was fine at my lesson and on the range

Then utter nonsense on course

I was +7 thru 3

The need the right Catalyst (see what I did there) to get the game back ok track

Happens bud, sometimes you just need to hoist the Jolly Roger, toss the sails up, and raise hell

What weight does the community recommend I order this week for my driving iron? 80 right?

What weight does the community recommend I order this week for my driving iron? 80 right?

I went 100g for 24* but 80g works well in the correct flex. Going 6.5?

I went 100g for 24* but 80g works well in the correct flex. Going 6.5?

Looking at 6.0 based on the LZ, EF, and hzrdus lines. I’m not a high swing speed guy and the transition isn’t super aggressive.

Looking at 6.0 based on the LZ, EF, and hzrdus lines. I’m not a high swing speed guy and the transition isn’t super aggressive.

You looking for height? If so go 80. If not then go 100 but soft step once.

You looking for height? If so go 80. If not then go 100 but soft step once.

Great advice, thank you!

Back