Project X Catalyst Graphite Iron Shafts

Looking at 6.0 based on the LZ, EF, and hzrdus lines. I’m not a high swing speed guy and the transition isn’t super aggressive.

I have gone 80 with 6.0 and really liked the results on version 1.0 of the club. I have been fighting version 2.0, which was the same weight and flex, causing me to think it was hard stepped once. But I should have that answer this week.

I have gone 80 with 6.0 and really liked the results on version 1.0 of the club. I have been fighting version 2.0, which was the same weight and flex, causing me to think it was hard stepped once. But I should have that answer this week.

Both parallel shafts or taper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that combo idea. You use it all the time off the tee?

Both parallel shafts or taper?

Parallel. The first version I trimmed myself per spec. The second was built by a builder. The second version feels much stiffer, so I ordered another shaft to measure against the current one, if for nothing else than peace of mind.

Parallel. The first version I trimmed myself per spec. The second was built by a builder. The second version feels much stiffer, so I ordered another shaft to measure against the current one, if for nothing else than peace of mind.

I like it. Can’t wait to see what you guys came up with.

I like that combo idea. You use it all the time off the tee?

When I had it working, I used it about 50% of the time, and basically anywhere where 225-240 put me in a good place. It was a hammer. I can’t seem to get the current version to go straight to save my life, which for me traditionally means the shaft is too stiff.

I like it. Can’t wait to see what you guys came up with.

I have a world class professional builder lined up for this next version....

When I had it working, I used it about 50% of the time, and basically anywhere where 225-240 put me in a good place. It was a hammer. I can’t seem to get the current version to go straight to save my life, which for me traditionally means the shaft is too stiff.

God bless that’s great. Your game sounds like it has just boomed over the last year, which is fantastic!

God bless that’s great. Your game sounds like it has just boomed over the last year, which is fantastic!

No joke. I’m still trying to put a round together on a consistent basis, but man it’s been fun this last year. Can’t wait to tee it up with you again! If I can swing it, I may even make the trip to a DFW meet up if the schedule works.

No joke. I’m still trying to put a round together on a consistent basis, but man it’s been fun this last year. Can’t wait to tee it up with you again! If I can swing it, I may even make the trip to a DFW meet up if the schedule works.

You need more cases if you’re playing that well

You need more cases if you’re playing that well

Hahahaha. No man, it’s not that well. I’m still in the 90s on a good day. Last weekend I shot a personal best 93. I play just about every weekend, and usually twice a weekend.

I love these shafts, and they definitely have something special in their DNA. I’m excited to get the new shaft in and give it a shot.

New shaft arrived today. Going to measure some things up tonight and then move these things out to be built.

05956f0e94100d8dacbeb2ac0188d242.jpg

New shaft arrived today. Going to measure some things up tonight and then move these things out to be built.

05956f0e94100d8dacbeb2ac0188d242.jpg

Looks great and the matte finish is awesome.

The matte finish on my driving iron contrasts well with the rest of my irons.

Man that matte black finish looks great. Think my UT might need one

Update time. I finally got my 4i to the local golf store to have it reshafted to the first shaft that was on it. When speaking with the club builder, who was an all around awesome dude, about my trouble with the second version of the club with the same shaft, he suggested we just pull the shaft and see whats going on instead of guessing as to its tip trimming. Funny story, he knew the guy from the other store who built the club, and spoke highly of his ability.

So he pulls the head, and low and behold, there is a 2g weight in the tip, and the SW was D1. he suggests that we just throw it back in without the weight and give it a shot. 30 minutes later I hit it on the simulator and after a few warm up swings, I knocked 5 balls over 200 carry and everything was right in the world once again with Colossus. So I say thanks, and try to settle up with him, and he tells me not to worry about it. Awesome experience.

Crazy to think that a weight would make a difference to me based on my lacking abilities, and maybe its all mental, but man it feels like a whole new club. I am going to hang on to the black Catalyst 80 just in case, but it looks like I may have solved my issues without it. I plan on getting out tomorrow morning for a round and will give it a try.

Just in time for Sunday’s round, the driving iron is ready for some testing

b0c66ead77425626de7a0cf11fd2e91f.jpg

f2aed2bdc103c40169e25a8a99225f23.jpg

Looking good!

Think I tipped it too much. It’s pretty damn stout

Oh no, how much did you tip it?

1.5”

So that’s like a 4i. I personally would have probably only went 3/4, but I don’t think it should be too bad.

So that’s like a 4i. I personally would have probably only went 3/4, but I don’t think it should be too bad.

Yeah. Since it’s a 24* UT I wanted to maintain the SW. going to be fun trying this out on fast greens.

@BigDill

Need to Butt trim this but it was in the F9 4i yesterday

Back