Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

Decided to do something stupid. Riptide on its way. Ordered way out of normal spec and am embarrassed to even post what I ordered. If it works terribly you will never hear of it. If it goes well I will be all over this thread.
Golf equipment ordering is never embarrassing! Share away lol

Decided to do something stupid. Riptide on its way. Ordered way out of normal spec and am embarrassed to even post what I ordered. If it works terribly you will never hear of it. If it goes well I will be all over this thread.
With a teaser like that, we have to know what you ordered!

What are you hoping to achieve with the shaft?

Had the 50 gm Stiff in my Mavrik. Kept the shaft and now have it in the Epic Max LS. Fantastic combo for me.
Just ordered a 50 gram Stiff Riptide from CPO. Need the lightness of 50 gram but the stiffness of a 6.0 for my "Violent" Swing.

Just picked up a Mavrik with Riptide 6.0 60g. Shaft feels very loose and way less stable than I'd like. However, I'm going to give it a chance. So far in 9 holes it completely eliminated the block right that I've been fighting. There is something to be said for confidently eliminating one side of the course. If be curious to try this in a 6.5 since it seems to play weak to flex.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just picked up a Mavrik with Riptide 6.0 60g. Shaft feels very loose and way less stable than I'd like. However, I'm going to give it a chance. So far in 9 holes it completely eliminated the block right that I've been fighting. There is something to be said for confidently eliminating one side of the course. If be curious to try this in a 6.5 since it seems to play weak to flex.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Happy to hear you’re finding some success with the Riptide! I think the even bend profile lends itself to feel soft, but it’s just the shaft loading.

Taking away your block sounds like a positive to me!

I really want to order the new LS shaft but 275 is probably more than I am willing to spend.

Last edited:
Golf equipment ordering is never embarrassing! Share away lol

With a teaser like that, we have to know what you ordered!

What are you hoping to achieve with the shaft?

Well, I have been on a quest to make the fade my stock driver shape. That is going well, but I’m running into more than a fade that just keeps drifting, not a slice just too much movement right. I’ve gained speed in recent years and have enjoyed trying some XS shafts.

Ordered a Riptide 6.5 60g, trimmed .5” to try in my Rogue. Had a bad driving day, got pissed and spent some dollars. Could be a dumb idea but I’ve been wanting to go XS and a tad shorter. Chalking it up as a low cost experiment.

Well, I have been on a quest to make the fade my stock driver shape. That is going well, but I’m running into more than a fade that just keeps drifting, not a slice just too much movement right. I’ve gained speed in recent years and have enjoyed trying some XS shafts.

Ordered a Riptide 6.5 60g, trimmed .5” to try in my Rogue. Had a bad driving day, got pissed and spent some dollars. Could be a dumb idea but I’ve been wanting to go XS and a tad shorter. Chalking it up as a low cost experiment.
This will be a good comparison then! You’re going shorter with the standard Riptide, and I’m going to try a little longer with the CB version. Same flex and weight.

This will be a good comparison then! You’re going shorter with the standard Riptide, and I’m going to try a little longer with the CB version. Same flex and weight.

New shaft arrived in record time. It sure is a good looking shaft. Haven't had a chance to get it on the range just yet, but hoping to get some swings this weekend.

Anyone playing the Riptide CB 80 in their hybrids?
Love the feel of the 60gm in my driver. Getting pretty good results as well, as long as I watch my tempo and "wait for it"
Currently playing Tensei Pro CK Blue in my G410s, but I'm finding I like CB shafts quite a bit.
Haven't ever used a CB or HB shaft in my hybrids, though.

I've only had a couple of brief range sessions with the Riptide CB 40g in "A" flex that I ordered with my PXG 0811X+ Proto driver. I ordered it to be the same length and weight as the Evenflow Green that is in my Epic Flash, except in "A" flex instead of regular. I am liking the launch, the carry and the consistency of contact I am getting with this shaft. With the Epic Flash I pretty much miss equally right or left according to Shot Scope, but in my range sessions with the PXG and Riptide I am getting an extremely consistent baby fade and haven't pulled or hooked one yet. It could be the way I have the head weighted that is part of it, too. I won't know if this shaft will help to add any distance until I get it on the course and see where my 2nd shots are taken from.

Didn't get a chance to hit the range this weekend, but instead took it straight to the course. Only played a few holes as my 3 year old was with me, but I did get a chance to hit the new shaft four times (one as a provisional). First shot a low pull, but playable. Second shot a big push right, playable. Third shot a low pull, not playable. Fourth shot an absolute beauty, high baby draw dead center in the fairway. Obviously not the best way to try and figure out a new shaft, but I believe the potential is there. Didn't feel overly stiff and the distance was as it should be. Looking forward to getting more time with it, I feel like with a little work it could be just what I'm looking for. Then I need to get some numbers to make sure I'm not way off. Such a terrible way to find what works, but it should be fun.

Good news! My Riptide CB shaft was delivered last night! I did tip prep right away and the epoxy spent the evening curing. Sneaked out to the garage before bed and trimmed to length before sliding on a new Golf Pride MCC +4 grip.

Besides this being the first CB driver shaft I've tried, I'm also testing a longer length. I decided to try it at 46" and see how that goes.

I've got a tee time booked for 7:10 pm tonight, so with any luck I'll get this on course right away!

Got out on the course tonight and put my new shaft into play. Took a few shots to get used to the setup, but ended my 9 holes with a fantastic drive!

Ball flight was significantly higher, which I was looking for. Shot shape was a nice baby draw.

I will absolutely need to keep testing this.

86AB4BC1-C38E-4665-8FA9-CF543A2FBE33.jpeg

Caught the sun just starting to set as well…

3D412C23-FF29-45EC-93DC-9564B2CE88AD.jpeg

Anyone compare the Riptide CB to the Motore F3? Thank you and stay safe

Got out on the course tonight and put my new shaft into play. Took a few shots to get used to the setup, but ended my 9 holes with a fantastic drive!

Ball flight was significantly higher, which I was looking for. Shot shape was a nice baby draw.

I will absolutely need to keep testing this.

View attachment 9020351

Caught the sun just starting to set as well…

View attachment 9020352
Someday, I’m coming up there to visit you. That looks beautiful.

Someday, I’m coming up there to visit you. That looks beautiful.
I highly recommend it. There’s something magical about a midnight sun.

And when you do, I’ll cover the tee time.

Finally got a good range session with the Evenflow. My concerns with hitting an XS shaft are gone and I like what I am seeing. I feel that perhaps my distance is a little lacking, but that could be the range balls etc. I will say that my dispersion was vastly improved and as a low ball hitter, it was awesome to see tall towering drives. I'm wondering where my spin is at and will be trying to jump on a monitor at some point, I get the feeling that perhaps too much spin is leading to the reduced distance. Either way its headed for a tournament round on Saturday and I am feeling confident.

I’ve been testing the EvenFlow Riptide CB for just shy of two weeks now and am really starting to feel comfortable, and regaining confidence in pulling driver again. This is exactly what I was hoping for!

I’ve done some tinkering with loft settings and weights to see what might happen to my ball flight as well.

The driver is playing at 46” and as mentioned earlier, I have it paired up with a Cobra F9 in 9*. I started with standard settings and found that while I could sometimes hit a beautiful shot, the consistency just wasn’t there and oftentimes I’d overcook the draw - not quite as much as I had been earlier in the season, but still not something that I was happy with. I knew there were better results out there.

Next, I tried lofting up to 10.5*. I was seeing higher flights, but still the same pull draw. I could tell right away that this wasn’t the setting for me.

I then tried taking away loft by 1.5* so now the driver was playing at 7.5*. Better, but bullet stingers only.

My last tinker was to change swing weight - since after all that’s one of the options available when building a club with a counter-balanced shaft. I kept the 2g weight up front, but swapped out the 6g in rear with 14g. I took a swing and immediately liked the feel.

Tonight I got out on the course after a promising round yesterday. This was one of my best driving days ever. I was 4/4 on fairways hit when swinging driver and every one of them was virtually a carbon copy. Nice mid-flight with zero left or right movement. Just nice and straight!

5A92BBDD-1574-403F-B832-A4B5B494DFE0.jpeg

This shaft loads so smooth and I can feel the head through my swing. It’s stiff, but not too stiff while also remaining beautifully stable. I’m reminded of the notes I made on the non-CB version back in the fall of 2019 when doing blind testing for the Project X Experience. This time I have on a Golf Pride MCC +4 grip so it helps with the feeling of the taper butt section that I didn’t care for.

EvenFlow Riptide is a really special shaft, and I’ll continue with this set up for the next while and report back with any updates.

Played my tournament with this shaft and had one of my better driving days in awhile. I certainly wasn't flawless but I was very happy to see that when I do the right thing (ie. setup), the shaft responds and it can hit some bombs. Very pleasantly surprised with the ball flight, nice high towering shots with a little fade. Was very worried about going with a 6.5 and can honestly say that I never felt outgunned by the shaft and really enjoy being able to take a healthy cut at the ball.

I currently play a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.0 in my Ping G400 Max driver and its way too much club for me. My current swing speed with my driver is about 106mph and if I dont swing 100%, Im not turning this thing over. It takes the entire left side of the course out of play, which is nice, but its tiring. I need something with more feel (Smoke Yellow has zero feel in my opinion), and something I dont have to swing as hard to get in the air and get a little draw going.

I was at the range last night with a friend of mine, and I was hitting his Mavrik with the EvenFlow RipTide 6.0S (not CB) and this shaft feels like BUTTER! When I picked it up and did the little shaft waggle, I was thinking I was going to lose everything left because it felt a little whippy. That was NOT the case at all. I was hitting some nice, high 5 yard draws time after time and it felt amazing! I just put a normal 85-90% swing on it, and this thing goes and feels incredible. Theres definitely a noticeable kick and the shaft always squared up for me perfectly. I instantly knew I needed this shaft. So I bought one to go in my driver this morning.

Now Im looking at getting the same shaft but 70g 6.0 in my Mavrik 4 wood (I should have done this from the start since its a stock offering- but im a dumb@$$).

Have you guys had success with this in a fairway wood? I currently have the Aldila Rogue White 130 70X and again, its too boardy and everything is low and leaks out to the right, just like my driver.

Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

@YukonLiving are you still using the Riptide CB? I just picked up a driver with this shaft in it, so just seeing how you're still getting along with it. I have generally not had great success with counterbalanced grips, but I also never really gave them a fair shake.

@YukonLiving are you still using the Riptide CB? I just picked up a driver with this shaft in it, so just seeing how you're still getting along with it. I have generally not had great success with counterbalanced grips, but I also never really gave them a fair shake.
My season is over, however when we were still playing, I was rotating the Riptide CB in with my custom PX shaft which was also based on the Riptide shaft.

It’s still a profile that I very much enjoy, and would absolutely consider another CB shaft in future!

Hello - Was thinking of putting a Riptide or Riptide CB's in my ST-Z 3 & 5 FW's.
Which is a better fit for the FW's? Standard or CB's?
Thank you for your feedback!

Hi gang
Just ordered this off ebay and wondering if its a legit even flow riptide cb?
Pic attached and thanks for looking at this post.

Attachments

• EE6386AB-CD99-4589-B668-F78CC9367D38.jpeg
    EE6386AB-CD99-4589-B668-F78CC9367D38.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 3E0B1414-F312-4D58-9C8A-5229038207A6.jpeg
    3E0B1414-F312-4D58-9C8A-5229038207A6.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 17
Back