Project X HZRDUS Smoke Shaft

Does the smoke come in a hand crafted version?

unless it was an early proto for tour, smoke does not have a separate "handcrafted" option

unless it was an early proto for tour, smoke does not have a separate "handcrafted" option

For tour or THCE you mean.

Project X HZRDUS Smoke Shaft

Just read through this thread again. I had previously mostly dismissed this one I heard this was built off the Black because I couldn’t elevate it at all. After more reading now I’m intrigued as an option for me in the F9 for The Morgan Cup. I’ve been a HZRDUS yellow fan for the last couple years...it’s what my THCE shaft is built off of. That being said I always like to try new things.

For those who have hit both, I’ve been playing 6.0 yellow would I stick with 6.0 for in the smoke or go up to 6.5? What kind of differences would I expect to see?

Just read through this thread again. I had previously mostly dismissed this one I heard this was built off the Black because I couldn’t elevate it at all. After more reading now I’m intrigued as an option for me in the F9 for The Morgan Cup. I’ve been a HZRDUS yellow fan for the last couple years...it’s what my THCE shaft is built off of. That being said I always like to try new things.

For those who have hit both, I’ve been playing 6.0 yellow would I stick with 6.0 for in the smoke or go up to 6.5? What kind of differences would I expect to see?

Its been a while since I’ve hit a yellow (i know black is a no go for me) I need to try the Red - but the smoke In the last few rounds with it (in an Epic Head) had been playable seemed like a bit less distance and launched lower but the profile felt the best out of all of the HZRDUS shafts that I’ve tried

I don’t think you would need to go to a 6.5

So the quick answer/recommendation is to stay with 6.0 to begin. While the smoke was built to be a better launching and feeling black in softer flexes, the neutral balance point as compared to the yellow will play a roll in how you adjust to this. I would say go 6.0 but loft up a degree to start just to compensate for the design differences. The smoke is a great shaft that I think you’ll like once you see how easy it is to hit compared to the black it was built off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put the Yellow in My PING G Series; OMG the Difference....should have done this sooner....

Played a round with the Smoke in the Epic at 11.5* - Had a very good driving day for me great distance great dispersion.

Launch/Height/Carry/Total Distance checked all the performance boxes for me.

I found my MC Driver Shaft

If anyone has tried it in the ping g400 lst please share your thoughts. I’m considering it

Played a round with the Smoke in the Epic at 11.5* - Had a very good driving day for me great distance great dispersion.

Launch/Height/Carry/Total Distance checked all the performance boxes for me.

I found my MC Driver Shaft

Based on how you hit this I think you'd be nuts to go with a different option. Lets you take that aggressive swing at it without worrying about hitting that hook you can end up getting into trouble with.

so......hey @DB TT, any chance you can shed some light on the hzrdus smoke yellow????? Yes i know you're regretting letting me in the door of PX right about now.

Anyone playing the Smoke 70 in a shorter length driver? Thinking about it for my Tour Length (44.5") F9 order. I've only been able to demo the Smoke 60 6.0 in regular-length version of the F9 (no Tour Length or Hzrdus Smoke 70 shafts are available in the cart), and I think I'd like the 10 extra grams of the 70 at that shorter length.

I want

I want

like @DB TT said, "soon"..........

80g woah thats heavy

I'm looking forward to testing this out in fairway wood when the weather cooperates.

Hit the epic flash sub zero 15 degree 3 wood today with 70 gram stiff smoke and was blown away. I wanted to grab it and run! I have never hit a 3 wood like this. Not sure if it's the shaft or the head or both!! Felt I could swing as strong as I wanted and just wouldn't go left, just a straight strong flight. Plenty of height and good distance for me. Will have to test some more offerings from other companies with this shaft but it felt amazing. Not to stiff it could still felt everything where I needed too. Anyone have any feed back on the consistancy of the stock shaft flex and feel? In my experience this is my only concern with stock mass produced shafts. Project X LZ I had in an XR pro, well how do I say didn't load! So a little shy of stock options if coming from "china" (add Trump voice).

Hit both the Smoke and the Atmos Blue in stiff (6.0) in the F9 9.0 head.

Blue felt like it kicked a little more, but with that kick came spin rate approximately 400-500 higher FOR ME. What I found interesting was in was launching higher than the Atmos, which I didn't expect based on the profile.

I had to be careful with the Smoke in that a couple of drives I definitely hit the screaming snap hook but there was some very interested outcomes with it. I ended up picking it.

I would say it's smooth but you don't feel a lot of kick in it if that makes sense. You feel the Atmos load a lot more.

I'm curious how close the smoke is to my thce shaft Don made me a couple years back. I hit an F9 the other day with a hzrdus smoke shaft in it, and loved the feel of it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,
I got fitted for the M5 on a HZRDUS smoke x-stiff shaft. Everything felt great except for the 600$(cdn)+ tax price tag. I found an M3 with the HZRDUS black x-stiff shaft for half the price, just wondering how comparable the fit would be. The numbers were coming back at about 115mph CH speed and 170-172 ball speed. About 290-95 carry and 310-320 total with peak height around 170ft. I liked the smoke for the relatively low spin numbers and low traj, but it didnt feel all that stiff to me which was a plus. Think I'll still be satisfied with the black??
I know anything will be better than the stock stiff ping I15 I'm playing now but dont want to make too many compromises for a new driver.
Thanks in advance!!

Back