Project X IO Shafts

I picked up a set of x-forged cb’s with the io 6.0 shafts. I have a couple sim sessions with them so not a lot of experience but so far I really like them. I’m not sure if it’s the stiffer butt section compared to the modus 120’s but I am hitting them straight with no curvature. That is very similar to how I hit the regular px 6.0 but these are way more friendly, I agree the weight of them feels perfect. I briefly had the px lz 6.0’s and the extra 10grams of shaft weight felt like a tonne

I picked up a set of x-forged cb’s with the io 6.0 shafts. I have a couple sim sessions with them so not a lot of experience but so far I really like them. I’m not sure if it’s the stiffer butt section compared to the modus 120’s but I am hitting them straight with no curvature. That is very similar to how I hit the regular px 6.0 but these are way more friendly, I agree the weight of them feels perfect. I briefly had the px lz 6.0’s and the extra 10grams of shaft weight felt like a tonne
I think I need to hit a demo of these. I play Modus 120 & am curious about the IO.
I don't like PX nor PXI, but I do like the PX LZ. Note: I've only hit PXI in TMB from Titleist
I like like straight too.

I think I need to hit a demo of these. I play Modus 120 & am curious about the IO.
I don't like PX nor PXI, but I do like the PX LZ. Note: I've only hit PXI in TMB from Titleist
I like like straight too.
I do like px so that could be the reason I am getting along with them but with that said i liked the modus 120's as well but definitely a different feel. The modus are probably the smoothest shaft I have played but they launched high and with a lot of spin for me so I lost distance with them. Hopefully j will get these outside by the end of April if the snow would just go away

IO y'all! He starts hitting them at about 10:30, and can't stop raving about them until about 15:30.

I watch some of their stuff because Thomas and I have some similar dynamics, and this pretty much shows why/how I've played IO 6.5 or hard stepped 6.5 for most of the last calendar year to GREAT success. I haven't found anything else near that weight that holds up to my move even half as well. Tight.

IO y'all! He starts hitting them at about 10:30, and can't stop raving about them until about 15:30.

I watch some of their stuff because Thomas and I have some similar dynamics, and this pretty much shows why/how I've played IO 6.5 or hard stepped 6.5 for most of the last calendar year to GREAT success. I haven't found anything else near that weight that holds up to my move even half as well. Tight.

Funny you should post this. With all of the Project X events happening around here, IO's have been at the forefront of my mind (bigly). They are without question a set that I've hit well every single time I tried them, and in June the Callaway rep thought they were working really well for me, the best of all we tried.

I'm going to need a set in something before long. Seems like a ponder that deserves action.

Funny you should post this. With all of the Project X events happening around here, IO's have been at the forefront of my mind (bigly). They are without question a set that I've hit well every single time I tried them, and in June the Callaway rep thought they were working really well for me, the best of all we tried.

I'm going to need a set in something before long. Seems like a ponder that deserves action.
Even after a year it still blows my mind that they work for me as well as they do. And have that whole time. I'm trying to think what my speed was when Callaway paired them with the X Forged CB and I got to test that combo a bunch. Less than it is now, maybe 124/5ish with my irons? I'm sure I could find it here somewhere. Even though it's more like 130 now, and I've gone to hard stepping them, they're still amazing. I can't get the same dispersion with anything else that light. They launch or spin or turn/spray a lot more. And these just feel easy. I switched to 120 and 125 for most of a couple weeks recently and definitely felt it physically. Especially combined with cooler weather.

It's obviously individual because a lot of people think they feel a little harsh, but you've said that they've worked for you in a lot of sessions. I'm with you on it being time to put them in play and see what you actually get with them out there. Do it!! 👊

Even after a year it still blows my mind that they work for me as well as they do. And have that whole time. I'm trying to think what my speed was when Callaway paired them with the X Forged CB and I got to test that combo a bunch. Less than it is now, maybe 124/5ish with my irons? I'm sure I could find it here somewhere. Even though it's more like 130 now, and I've gone to hard stepping them, they're still amazing. I can't get the same dispersion with anything else that light. They launch or spin or turn/spray a lot more. And these just feel easy. I switched to 120 and 125 for most of a couple weeks recently and definitely felt it physically. Especially combined with cooler weather.

It's obviously individual because a lot of people think they feel a little harsh, but you've said that they've worked for you in a lot of sessions. I'm with you on it being time to put them in play and see what you actually get with them out there. Do it!! 👊

The IO's are a great shaft. I think playing that as you are could be a killer set up.

That's it, you get it! I never got the harsh thing, but man they are easy to get good results with for me. I had hit them a bunch over last winter with them and liked them, but the standout moment was going to a Callaway fitting day at my local club in June and after working on irons for 45 minutes, we landed on X-Forged with IO. Every other shaft was a little this or that, but IO was goldilocks. Center button every time.

Did you ever play PXi ?? Thats my all time favorite shaft but pretty much impossible to find. I think some 7.0's are on eBay

I tried the IO's and didnt care for them. Personally found the PXi to hold up to my swing better

Did you ever play PXi ?? Thats my all time favorite shaft but pretty much impossible to find. I think some 7.0's are on eBay

I tried the IO's and didnt care for them. Personally found the PXi to hold up to my swing better
I've never played them. I've hit them a bunch now, because of these shafts and the comparisons people make. People tend to be sentimental about past favorites, so I had to know. And honestly, if you really like one I don't know how you like the other. They're not the same, and they change a good bit between flex. I might get rolled for it, but I think them saying these were a replacement for PXi was a mistake, and set these shafts back in their adoption. I get weight and stepless thing, and them being a lighter weight version of LS in limited ways, but I don't see the comparison beyond that really. :confused2:

Last edited:
I've never played them. I've hit them a bunch now, because of these shafts and the comparisons people make. People tend to be sentimental about past favorites, so I had to know. And honestly, if you really like one I don't know how you like the other. They're not the same, and they change a good bit between flex. I might get rolled for it, but I think them saying these were a replacement for PXi was a mistake, and set these shafts back in their adoption. I get weight and stepless thing, and them being a lighter weight version of LS in limited ways, but I don't see the comparison beyond that really. :confused2:
100% agree. These shafts are nothing alike at all other than weight. I was so excited to try the IO’s as the “direct replacement” but for me they were a huge let down

So, these are fun.

I couldn’t play them full time as much as I play, need that graphite, but man the numbers in the TCB are stellar. 😳

So, these are fun.

I couldn’t play them full time as much as I play, need that graphite, but man the numbers in the TCB are stellar. 😳
These are maybe the most graphite feeling shafts out there..

These are maybe the most graphite feeling shafts out there..
I got on well with the PXi so there’s a natural comfort here, but they’re still steel. But still good. Haha

I got on well with the PXi so there’s a natural comfort here, but they’re still steel. But still good. Haha
I would have to try them again but as a huge PXi fan i thought these felt nothing like them

Sadly PXi’s on eBay are non existent anymore other than 7.0’s

I would have to try them again but as a huge PXi fan i thought these felt nothing like them

Sadly PXi’s on eBay are non existent anymore other than 7.0’s
They’re built on the PXi DNA, I likes it. Hahaha

They’re built on the PXi DNA, I likes it. Hahaha
Haha I know I know

I only tried them over winter when my swing is horrible so I’m sure that’s why I didn’t like them

But like you I’m also hooked on graphite and have no plans to change

Haha I know I know

I only tried them over winter when my swing is horrible so I’m sure that’s why I didn’t like them

But like you I’m also hooked on graphite and have no plans to change
Yup. I do love to flirt though. Hahaha

One thing is certain. Well…two.

1) Maybe the best looking steel iron shafts out there.

2) Good lord they fit me well.

What are you trying these in?

That's what the Mizuno rep fitted me in to...I may regret going against the fitting.

That's what the Mizuno rep fitted me in to...I may regret going against the fitting.
If my body could hold up to them with how much I play, they’d be it. But, it’s graphite for me and my broke ass elbows :p

If my body could hold up to them with how much I play, they’d be it. But, it’s graphite for me and my broke ass elbows :p

That's one big reason I went with Recoils. I've been playing graphite since I put 680's in my Maltbys in 2015.

Back