ProSendr Training Aid Review

I agree with you, certainly beneficial.

I didn't answer your original question on Hack motion, but I think this would be a quicker path to the same destination. You get immediate feedback if you are performing the intended motion correctly from this. Hack motion was way more complicated (and provides tons of data that I couldn't decipher on my own) and would be harder to determine when you are "in the slot" so to speak.

Both I think would be better as something you work with your instructor on, but the prosendr seems easier in my limited experience with Hack Motion for a novice to learn with.

This is all just from my little corner, so take it for the very little it is worth.

Yea I give him too much credit. Tiger's Pro. My guess is you still have your pet rock.
You think I do not know that he was Tiger's Pro? People use their fame to sell all sorts of things, it is ingrained in America's culture of consumerism to maximize your earning potential by pimping just about anything. He is not inventing something, the R&D is minimal to none for a product like this (especially with its flaws). That is why the eBay seller can 3D print it and the THP DIYer can assemble one from off the shelf products (shin gaurd).

I'm not looking for an argument. Most are in agreement that the product is useful, overpriced, and has serious flaws. Some will overlook the price and roll the dice with the flaws, others will look elsewhere to solve their problems.

BTW - You should listen to him on the NLU podcast. He has interesting thoughts on how he would coach now vs long ago in his career. He is all about neuroscience, now that he has been exposed to it and his philosphy now seems more along the lines of Pia Nilsson.

Had a lesson today for first time in a month (have been going every 2-3 weeks) after spending a couple weeks using the prosendr for 5-10 reps a day.

Instructor said I really like where you are in your backswing, now lets work on a couple other things... that is huge because most of my issues are from backswing issues. Going to keep up with the prosendr to try and fully ingrain that backswing then spend more time on the new stuff from today.

First session today with the Pro Sendr. I had already watched all of their official protocol videos on YouTube and some other teachers discussing it over the weekend while my left knee recovered from an injection on Friday. Since it finally felt good enough to maybe swing on I decided to go easy and just do some PS work. Started with the protocol videos in order, doing the 15 reps of each, following along, trying to really get a feel for what they were discussing. After that I hit a few balls at 3/4 speed using foam practice balls into the screen, no monitor or anything, no looking for ball feedback, just to feel the swing differences.

Pros: It definitely puts me into a different position at the top of the backswing - not as far back or around, left wrist much more flat/a little bowed, right hand more back instead of pulled thumb side.

Cons: I may be too small for its "one size fits most" sizing. I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, small polo, cadet medium glove... absolutely on the smaller side of average for an American male. My right hand in no way fills that cradle. On the backswing drill I barely make contact with it if I have the sleeve pushed all the way down to the end of my wrist, and my trigger finger can fit into the slot at the top of the backswing but is contacting the bottom portion of that finger nook only.

I'm going to keep using it for a few weeks and see how it goes, but after day one I'm not sure it fits me well enough to get full use out of it. I have to really compress the hell out of the ball if I try to use both since the cuff has to sit so far down my right wrist. If I take off the cradle and move the cuff further up my wrist the compression ball works better. I'll keep trying the protocols as warm ups, and do some chipping with it as Mark Crossfield outlined in his video.

Love the concept, but they need a smaller version for smaller men, juniors, women, etc. Maybe they will if it is successful enough.

Gave it another shot. Not gonna work. Too big / my wrist and hand too small. Back to eBay it goes. Which sucks because I can tell it would help me. :mad:(n)🤬

Be cool if this thing had a built in hackmotion style of sensor

messed around with this at my lesson today. it helped me shallow out my pitching motion. it feels so awkward but i got somewhat used to it.

messed around with this at my lesson today. it helped me shallow out my pitching motion. it feels so awkward but i got somewhat used to it.

The more I have used it the more natural it has become. I was shocked when my instructor actually said something about my backswing.... that doesn't happen much. Not sure it was worth the $200 I paid, but hard to put a value on that.

Went down a youtube rabbit hole with Pete Cowen as the star of the show. His fundamental downswing (and back swing really) focus lines up about perfect with the prosendr... I think.

I have gotten lax and not getting the reps in with ProSendr, need to get back to it.

I did not think their videos were very good and bad angles. I did not think it is easy to monitor yourself on how to use and I thought it was uncomfortable. I would need to work with an instructor to help me groove the ideals into my swing so right now it's collecting dust.

I appreciate your review and agreed with you.

Back