ProSendr Training Aid Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing else brings hope to the struggling golfer like watching a well-produced training aid advertisement. It’s intoxicating and we’re all susceptible to them. A little over six months ago, videos of the ProSendr, a training aid designed by Sean Foley and David Woods, began to surface on social media. Their initial marketing campaign was masterfully done and drove consumer interest to a level that isn’t all that common in this market segment. However, marketing doesn’t always equal improvement, so we were glad to get the ProSendr in hand to try it out for ourselves.

Continue reading...

Nicely done @Hawk. I know you were excited to get this one in. You mention that with some work, proper setup, and slow repetition swings, that you felt there was better shaft lean at impact. How about in terms of striking the ball? Did you sense your positions were getting you to produce better shots more regularly?

Great write up. Have been curious about this trading side for a while now. Looks like a great aide but lack of instructions is a bit if a let down. For the price better instructions would be useful. That issue aside it seems useful.

Thanks for the write up regarding this training aid. I know that I have some of the issues with my wrists in the golf swing that this would likely address. However, it seems a little difficult to use properly, at least that’s my take from what you wrote. Most concerning to me is what you stated about the issues arising from a misalignment of the device. That and the lack of detailed instructional videos would be a drawback. To be honest, I would be concerned with becoming frustrated from trying to use this correctly that I probably wouldn’t use it.

Also loved how you touched on a little back and forth with the Sphere to the Tour Striker ball.

Been looking at grabbing one of these but the price has kept me from doing it. Sean Foley does a good job on instagram of explaining the device. Thanks for the review!

This was a solid review Hawk.

Overall, was this one useful to you given your current goals? Or did you find it more lacking, especially if you put it on incorrectly?

• Staff
Nicely done @Hawk. I know you were excited to get this one in. You mention that with some work, proper setup, and slow repetition swings, that you felt there was better shaft lean at impact. How about in terms of striking the ball? Did you sense your positions were getting you to produce better shots more regularly?

It's hard to say man. I will say that, in terms of path and face angle, I'm in a better spot than I've been in a while, but I've been doing a ton of stuff (not just ProSendr). It's been more useful as a reinforcement I guess. That being said, transition and sequencing are part of the puzzle too, and it's not really built to help with either of those.

I will say I still bring it out, as recent as yesterday afternoon. I've been working constantly on the first two feet of my swing. I guess that's one weakness I see from the device though - you can still get tactile feedback in the wrong positions. Case in point, video I sent to my instructor yesterday was "the best backswing he'd seen from me", really almost all related to getting the takeaway nailed down. I was able to use the ProSendr while getting to this point. However, I can still perform a pretty bad takeaway and get contact with the cradle (and consequently, tell myself I'm doing something right when I'm really not).

• Staff
Also loved how you touched on a little back and forth with the Sphere to the Tour Striker ball.

Personally, I think the TS is a more versatile option. You're not forced into what is essentially one placement for the ball since the TS is adjustable.

This was a solid review Hawk.

Overall, was this one useful to you given your current goals? Or did you find it more lacking, especially if you put it on incorrectly?
I did find it useful, but I think it has to be part of a lesson plan or used in conjunction with specific instruction to get the most use out of it. It would be a great tool for an instructor to have. I'm fortunate (or unfortunate) that I've spent a year thinking/reading constantly about the golf swing, so I had a pretty good idea of what I was doing with it. Still, I had some issues. I just imagine some guy seeing the commercial and then just not really having the support system in place to get the most out of it.

Nice review.

Agree that it should be used with an instructor who knows what they are doing.

I am not sold on Foley - but this is a completely different product. I bought his first training vid and trashed it. So I am leery, and leery of most training "aids." I've tried many.

I think you can close the face in a similar way either on the way to the top or at the beginning of the downswing with repetition and without the product - even the product takes repetition but the product gives you a "feel."

Nice review @Hawk. You mentioned in the article about rolling the face open in the takeaway. That has been a huge issue for me and the Prosendr has been a huge help in that area. It is easy to just pop it on and do a bunch of slow swings in the house!

Nice review @Hawk. You mentioned in the article about rolling the face open in the takeaway. That has been a huge issue for me and the Prosendr has been a huge help in that area. It is easy to just pop it on and do a bunch of slow swings in the house!

Yea, I REALLY think it could be helpful for people that are trying to iron that particular issue out.

Great write-up @Hawk! Have you used the G-Snap as well? I've been using that to work on my wrist positions with some success this year but I like the idea of using the ball with it to promote some width.

Great write up @Hawk. I have been thinking about picking up one of these but have held off as have many due to the cost. I do a lot of work on my takeaway and return to impact position in the house. It sounds like this might help.

If you could bring it to the Srixon Experience I would love to try it on.

Great write-up @Hawk! Have you used the G-Snap as well? I've been using that to work on my wrist positions with some success this year but I like the idea of using the ball with it to promote some width.
I have not - will check it out!
Great write up @Hawk. I have been thinking about picking up one of these but have held off as have many due to the cost. I do a lot of work on my takeaway and return to impact position in the house. It sounds like this might help.

If you could bring it to the Srixon Experience I would love to try it on.
Gladly. May want to remind me a few days ahead of time.

Good review @Hawk

My instructor has one of these so I used it in my last lesson and found it difficult at first to get the hang of holding the right wrist in the cradle during the downswing

Once I got the hang of it, it did become a bit easier, but it also helped me with the entire structure of my arms and their position, which resulted in some much better strikes

I have to admit though that without the aid on my wrist, it initially felt difficult to replicate the feeling, so I agree it is something that takes time to see results

Review from Mark Crossfield this week. I really think one of these would be good for me. Been working on my wrist positions and overswinging lately. This seems to check all the boxes.

Review from Mark Crossfield this week. I really think one of these would be good for me. Been working on my wrist positions and overswinging lately. This seems to check all the boxes.

I watched this and it hit on several things I have been working on for a while.... while inebriated I may have ordered one of these after reading @Hawk s review as well.

Just feeling some of the sensations that were described I made some really good backswings in my living room... we will see how that translates to actually hitting a ball.

I watched this and it hit on several things I have been working on for a while.... while inebriated I may have ordered one of these after reading @Hawk s review as well.

Just feeling some of the sensations that were described I made some really good backswings in my living room... we will see how that translates to actually hitting a ball.

The reviews here from @Hawk and others really had me intrigued, but seeing the video really helped cement some things I was unsure about just from the visuals in motion and such, not for anything lacking in the comments here. I'm a visual learner.

The reviews here from @Hawk and others really had me intrigued, but seeing the video really helped cement some things I was unsure about just from the visuals in motion and such, not for anything lacking in the comments here. I'm a visual learner.

Hawk's review had me intrigued as my issue is backswing and has been for a while.... but the lack of how to info and the fact that you have to pay for "advanced" protocols after spending $170 US before shipping/taxes... I was out. Then Crossfield's video basically showed how to use it and that it could rapidly improve where I need the most improvement plus some extracurricular activities and bam I had ordered one.

so got mine in on Saturday... kind of shocked it took them 2 weeks to deliver it. Watched the protocol videos and went through the take away/backswing/transition drills. I like it, but have not hit any balls yet. Going to go through the drills again today before I hop on quad.

Still bugs me that they charge $170 for this, then want another $50 for "advanced protocols". Will report back as I get more time with it

That's a good review @Hawk and thanks for the video @PiratePenguin it helped me understand how this might help me. The "keep your wrist in the cradle at the top of the back swing to get the stretch" made me realize I don't come close to doing that.

With me trying to improve my game this might help. And it's got a lefty option too. I just don't like the price but improving my game is worth it to me.

That's a good review @Hawk and thanks for the video @PiratePenguin it helped me understand how this might help me. The "keep your wrist in the cradle at the top of the back swing to get the stretch" made me realize I don't come close to doing that.

With me trying to improve my game this might help. And it's got a lefty option too. I just don't like the price but improving my game is worth it to me.

Personally, I’m not sure I’d recommend this for you without having some sort of blessing/guidance from an instructor. I know you are just embarking on an improvement plan and sometimes it’s easy to muddy up the waters with devices and additional swing thoughts.

Personally, I’m not sure I’d recommend this for you without having some sort of blessing/guidance from an instructor. I know you are just embarking on an improvement plan and sometimes it’s easy to muddy up the waters with devices and additional swing thoughts.

If this wasn't hitting on things my coach and I were focusing on I would not have bought one. I hit balls yesterday after only doing the protocols once.... it was really good. Swing speed was down, but I am fine with that as contact was good and dispersion was really good. Speed will come back as I get more comfortable with it.

More time with it and more instruction... think this will be a good winter.

Who has two thumbs and won an eBay auction for a like new ProSendr last night? This guy. 👍🏻👍🏻

Back