Public Service Reminder: THE SUN DOES NOT LIKE YOU!

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I am not trying to gross anybody out, nor gain sympathy. After a lifetime spent getting too much sun, I continue to pay the price. This is the 15th or 16th time I have gone through this. Please protect yourself from the sun while you are young. Once the damage is done to your skin, you can never go back. BTW, it’s all good for me. The doctor gave me a clean bill of health.

8169BAF3-5EAE-4414-9517-9B731A673FBF.jpeg254233C6-AAEB-47E0-9247-013E8E774E11.jpeg

Glad you are ok!

Glad to hear that you are ok. As someone who has had a prior skin cancer issue, I second your reminder.

Dude, that is crazy. I need to take this advice.

Glad to hear that they are getting it all out and your prognosis is good. ?

Buddy of mine just had similar procedure done as well. I will always go out with at minimum a hat on and next spring/summer will likely wear long sleeves as my arms go super dark playing each weekend.

dang man is that your head? :oops:

glad everything went well

Just had the same done to my shoulder a couple weeks ago. A spot that never sees sun.

Luckily, it was a non serious type of Carcinoma. But to hear you have any type of cancer is scary!

So either way, check yourself!! Wear sun screen!!

Thanks for the warning, glad to hear you're OK.

Glad you're good. We all need to to take heed of your advice.

Wow! I had the same thing done about 6 weeks ago - MOHS surgery for pre-cancerous cells. My bald head looked exactly like yours! Everything is fine now, but I'll probably have some kind of a scar spoiling my perfect dome! :)

I always wear a hat, and being Italian with dark skin, I never thought I'd have to worry about skin cancer. Well, I guess my "sins" as a youth caught up to me.

Thanks for posting this warning to everyone.

Wow! Glad to hear you are okay!

Glad you're alright!

As a continually balding person who now shaves his head, I have to remember to use sunscreen up top as well . Never did that before .

Yikes. After my pop-in-law got it from too much sun, I'm hyper vigilant.

Also, as a side note: nothing in the natural world likes us. We're pretty much just a food source.

damn man. Glad you're okay

This thread title needs to be amended to include "WARNING: Graphic Photos Inside."

Yikes, TP! That is frightening. I was thinking of going bald, but this picture has me thinking I'll just keep my luscious head of hair for a while longer. :cool:

Glad to hear you are doing ok after that.

Out here we get well over 300 days of sunshine a year. About 90 +/- of those days are over 100 degrees.

When I golf is sunny weather it's a longsleeve, cotton, white shirt, two gloves, a decent hat to shade my face. Sometimes I will wear knee length shorts, and the rest of time it's full length pants.

I prefer to cover my skin with clothing instead of sun lotions.

I have had some sun damage skin removed off my ears, back, and lower arms. Nothing major as everything was frozen off, or I used a cream for removal.

I worked out of doors most of my life. When I wasn't working, I was playing out of doors. Spent alot of time out doors.

I have been fortunate that my sun damage to my skin was easily fixed. I protectected myself as best I could once I knew the dangers sun caused skin cancers.

Several times I have golfed with half naked tourists, who after 4 hours in the sun, looked like the perverbial lobster.

I have friends my age with lots of "liver spots", and other skin issues. Me, not so much.

Out here we get well over 300 days of sunshine a year. About 90 +/- of those days are over 100 degrees.

When I golf is sunny weather it's a longsleeve, cotton, white shirt, two gloves, a decent hat to shade my face. Sometimes I will wear knee length shorts, and the rest of time it's full length pants.

I prefer to cover my skin with clothing instead of sun lotions.

I have had some sun damage skin removed off my ears, back, and lower arms. Nothing major as everything was frozen off, or I used a cream for removal.

I worked out of doors most of my life. When I wasn't working, I was playing out of doors. Spent alot of time out doors.

I have been fortunate that my sun damage to my skin was easily fixed. I protectected myself as best I could once I knew the dangers sun caused skin cancers.

Several times I have golfed with half naked tourists, who after 4 hours in the sun, looked like the perverbial lobster.

I have friends my age with lots of "liver spots", and other skin issues. Me, not so much.
I have a friend who works for NV Energy and he works outside all day. He's in his early 40s, but when I first met him I thought he was ten years older than that at least. Even if you don't have skin cancer issues, sun damage can seriously impact your skin.

dang man is that your head? :oops:

glad everything went well
I was saying the same thing out loud to myself....that looks painful.

Wow, I'm glad you're ok. That's a great reminder for everyone.

I am not trying to gross anybody out, nor gain sympathy. After a lifetime spent getting too much sun, I continue to pay the price. This is the 15th or 16th time I have gone through this. Please protect yourself from the sun while you are young. Once the damage is done to your skin, you can never go back. BTW, it’s all good for me. The doctor gave me a clean bill of health.

View attachment 8917678View attachment 8917679

really glad you’re okay and they got it out. Take care of yourself my friend.

Thanks for the reminders.

I've had precancerous lesions frozen off or removed with a cream. My dermatologist said never go outside without a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Why sunglasses? Cataracts.

Great reminder and glad you’ve been given the all clear. I had a spot on the base of my neck removed a while ago and keep forgetting to go back. Need to change that soon.

Constant battle after I turned 50, the damage is there from early on sunburns and will just keep surfacing with age and sun exposure. So far 5 spots removed with surgery and dozens frozen at the office.

Cover up and use 100 sunscreen, it will pay when you get older.

Back