PUMA ProAdapt AlphaCat Golf Shoes

Played first round today since I got my 2 pair. I thought my old Skechers would be hard to beat, but these even not being broken in are just as comfortable as my 2.5 year old pair. I got a black and a white pair and hard pondering going ahead and ordering gray ones.

So here's my strategy....

Throw away every pair of shoe I own for golf (minus a couple barely used Puma Deltas).
Buy like four pairs of AlphaCat on the crazy clearance right now.
Try desperately to ignore all the inevitable awesomeness coming down the pipe.

Throw away every pair of shoe I own for golf (minus a couple barely used Puma Deltas).
Yeah not buying it but it would be a good path to try.

someone say clearance

Played first round today since I got my 2 pair. I thought my old Skechers would be hard to beat, but these even not being broken in are just as comfortable as my 2.5 year old pair. I got a black and a white pair and hard pondering going ahead and ordering gray ones.
i’m pretty sure you can use the Budget Golf coupon on the main thp website to save a few bucks on them too

So it was suggested to use baking soda and laundry detergent to clean them and they didn't really come out that clean, still got that yellow tint on the bottom side. I'm scared to use bleach and destroy the waterproofing. Any other cleaning suggestions?

So it was suggested to use baking soda and laundry detergent to clean them and they didn't really come out that clean, still got that yellow tint on the bottom side. I'm scared to use bleach and destroy the waterproofing. Any other cleaning suggestions?
I just use a toothbrush with water to clean mine. They look as good as new.

magic eraser?

Magic eraser works great for me.

Did anyone catch Annika rocking the white ones this past weekend?;)

I just use a toothbrush with water to clean mine. They look as good as new.
Same here. That plastic-type stuff on the outside comes clean without any chemicals at all. Mine were extremely dirty from this past weekend (muddy course) and they're shiny white and good as new with a toothbrush and water.

Just got my first pair and tried them on, no socks, in the house. If they’re this comfortable through 18 holes then I’ll have a new favorite shoe. This is my first pair of Puma shoes of any kind, golf or otherwise, and I’m impressed.

Btw is anyone wearing these without socks on the course? They seem comfortable enough for that too.

Wore mine this weekend (yes with socks) for two rounds in Hilton Head. They felt like they were already broken in straight out of the box. The first round had several cart path only holes and I racked up over 10k steps. Second round had some good distances from cart paths to tees and greens, over 8k steps. The Alphacats were fantastic. Great traction and so comfortable! I’ll have to keep eyes open for more deals on these to pick up a couple of other color combos. And I have several other pair of shoes, some pretty new, to get rid of.

Fun picture on Puma’s website this morning. Looks like possibly the 2023 Alphacat. When clicking the Shop Alphacat link it goes to the 2022 version. I like the look though. Hopefully they are as waterproof as the 2022’s.74EEC647-1193-4CB6-A414-2F176964E3F5.png

Wore these again today. The most comfortable golf shoe for me that I’ve tried. I have relatively new pairs of ASICS shoes that are not going to get a lot of use. I need to get another couple of pair of Alphacats.

20221230_141153.jpg

My Alphacats did tough duty today and I love them for it.

Fun picture on Puma’s website this morning. Looks like possibly the 2023 Alphacat. When clicking the Shop Alphacat link it goes to the 2022 version. I like the look though. Hopefully they are as waterproof as the 2022’s.View attachment 9146947
That looks to be the GS-One. Little different and a little cheaper than the Alphas. I'm looking forward to updating my pair of kitties too. ;)

That looks to be the GS-One. Little different and a little cheaper than the Alphas. I'm looking forward to updating my pair of kitties too. ;)
Ha ok, makes sense. Yes I will definitely be buying another pair of the new AlphaCats this year. Best shoe I have ever owned. I got caught in a torrential downpour in October and had to let them dry out (water in from the top) for 3 weeks. I missed them terribly. My 2022 pair is still in such great shape it will be a good backup pair for 2023.

Another thing I really lie about them is that they stay tied!!! Have all kinds of problems with my CloudChaos with this.

today's conditions gave the alphacats more than they could handle...i don't think there's a shoe that could've handled a completely rain soaked, soggy course, tho...here's where they shined tho, my feet were bone dry. even after running a spray over them after the round.

Back