maxw72

Reaction score
Handicap
As another season approaches I have found that my OG Taylormade grips may be looking at being changed. Now as I'm a bit on a budget when it comes to golf with a growing family I really want to support my local store Uinta Golf, but like I said...budget. I have started to look at Ebay but I was wondering if anyone has purchased from Ebay as my fear is that the 13 Golf Pride grips for $60.00 seems a bit too good to be true and are possibly fake. Has anyone purchased Golf Pride from Ebay with any success? I'm obviously trying to stay with US Sellers but does anyone else have a suggestion?

As another season approaches I have found that my OG Taylormade grips may be looking at being changed. Now as I'm a bit on a budget when it comes to golf with a growing family I really want to support my local store Uinta Golf, but like I said...budget. I have started to look at Ebay but I was wondering if anyone has purchased from Ebay as my fear is that the 13 Golf Pride grips for $60.00 seems a bit too good to be true and are possibly fake. Has anyone purchased Golf Pride from Ebay with any success? I'm obviously trying to stay with US Sellers but does anyone else have a suggestion?

My instincts about buying grips from eBay are the same as yours. I'd go to Grips4Less where they have plenty of grips under $6.

Lamkin Crosslines are $3.99, for instance.

I have done eBay for many years....Feedback is important. I know more about the seller on eBay than I do about stores...grips off eBay are a no brainer. I have bought cars, site unseen from reputable sellers...

If you’re not picky about a specific brand:

carries a pretty solid variety of grips, and other stuff at decent prices.

I got a set of GP NDMC grips off EBay 5 or so years ago for about that same price and they turned out to be counterfeit. I was able to get my money back bit was still a hassle. Have not tried to buy that many for that cheap of a price again. Have bought 1 or 2 grips that were like $2 off regular retail since from reputable sellers and they were fine. Buying from a US seller very cheap means they probably got them from China and are counterfeits.

I have bought a lot of Lamkin grips (Z5) from Hurricane Golf and Diamond Tour Golf at very good prices ($3 per grip).

I agree with most. eBay okay from reputable seller (US based).
I normally do Golfworks or direct from Lamkin

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Budget golf. Use the THP discount.

If it's too good to be true, it is.

13 grips for $60 on ebay are Chinese fakes. I've played hundreds of them and can't tell the difference, and neither can most consumers. This only exacerbates the problem of counterfeiting. There are ways to tell the difference when doing direct comparisons, but since most people don't notice, nor do they seem to care, there is no way to stop the fake resellers.

US seller doesn't mean anything when it comes to grips. They're so easily available for <$1 each on the Chinese fake market that lots of ebay sellers import them by the thousands.

I've bought a lot of Golf Pride grips from eBay in the last year. I feel like I order some every few weeks. Like anything with eBay you have to check seller feedback/rating, and it's best to avoid the absolute cheapest ones sometimes, but I've never had a single problem with grips. Looks like I end up paying about $15 dollars less than from grips4less and the like on the 13 grip kits usually, but it depends on the specific grips.

I've bought a lot of Golf Pride grips from eBay in the last year. I feel like I order some every few weeks. Like anything with eBay you have to check seller feedback/rating, and it's best to avoid the absolute cheapest ones sometimes, but I've never had a single problem with grips. Looks like I end up paying about $15 dollars less than from grips4less and the like on the 13 grip kits usually, but it depends on the specific grips.
Can you tell the difference? I can post a pic of a fake next to a real one, and the differences are so subtle it's scary.

My point being that a lot of the sellers who sell 13 grips for $50-60 are expecting people to know they are a bit suspect, but don't care. Where as there are definitely some who sell at just a touch below retail, hoping to convince people they're buying the real deal.

I think the only way to combat fakes on ebay, etc. would be for Golf Pride to publish a reference of all authorized resellers. That way customers with questions can simply cross reference and feel better. I doubt that will happen.

I once bought a couple of Scotty Cameron Studio Design grips from a large volume ebay seller. Once the grips arrived I realized the grips were counterfeit and the seller reimbursed me.

Can you tell the difference? I can post a pic of a fake next to a real one, and the differences are so subtle it's scary.

My point being that a lot of the sellers who sell 13 grips for $50-60 are expecting people to know they are a bit suspect, but don't care. Where as there are definitely some who sell at just a touch below retail, hoping to convince people they're buying the real deal.

I think the only way to combat fakes on ebay, etc. would be for Golf Pride to publish a reference of all authorized resellers. That way customers with questions can simply cross reference and feel better. I doubt that will happen.

Usually. The only time I've had to get reimbursed for fake ones was from an otherwise reputable online retailer. One of the discount sites. Seemed like a one time thing though and they were great about it.

you’ve got some good answers already. But in general, any golf pride grip on eBay will be fake. Especially the multi compounds or any of the newer stuff. That is if they are a good price.

I once bought a couple of Scotty Cameron Studio Design grips from a large volume ebay seller. Once the grips arrived I realized the grips were counterfeit and the seller reimbursed me.
Fake Studio Designs? I've seen fake matadors and pistoleros. Even fake midsize stitchbacks, but never SDs

Hey @maxw72 would you like to review a set of grips for the forum?
You are an Albatross Club Member. How about we send you a set of grips for review.

Send me a PM with your favorite Golf Pride Grips as well as your full name and shipping address and we will get brand new grips for your set right out to you.

25E8E73C-7AF6-41CC-BADD-A6657F9F36DC.jpeg

I got a set of GP NDMC grips off EBay 5 or so years ago for about that same price and they turned out to be counterfeit. I was able to get my money back bit was still a hassle. Have not tried to buy that many for that cheap of a price again. Have bought 1 or 2 grips that were like $2 off regular retail since from reputable sellers and they were fine. Buying from a US seller very cheap means they probably got them from China and are counterfeits.

I have bought a lot of Lamkin grips (Z5) from Hurricane Golf and Diamond Tour Golf at very good prices ($3 per grip).

Thanks for the tip on Hurricane Golf - I just ordered 39 Lamkin/Cleveland Crosslines for $1.49 each. They will work well for my daughters and sons sets that need regripping. I also ordered 13 Lamkin Wrap Tech grips which I really like on my driver and FW.

Last edited:
Awesome gesture @JB ! Can't wait to see what type of grips they are and the review @maxw72 .

Awesome gesture @JB ! Can't wait to see what type of grips they are and the review @maxw72 .

He requested Golf Pride Plus 4 in standard and in green color. We happened to have those in the lab.

What! Another shoulder tap! Wahoo!,

Just got my irons back from Uinta golf with their new grips. I held off on re-gripping the wedges as I'm in the market for some CBX2's to replace my old SM4's. They look absolutely amazing! Looking forward to getting out and gaming them and letting you all know my thoughts! IMG_2841.JPEG

Back