Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Walked 18 today, and made a pretty cool discovery. We were talking to our course's director of golf operations before we teed off, he always (jokingly) gives me a hard time about walking. I told him I'd be going back to carts pretty soon when it gets too hot to walk, and he asked me if I'd been paying for carts all winter while I was walking (our course charges an extra $110/mo for unlimited cart use on top of our regular membership fee). I said yes, it was part of my membership, and he asked "Why didn't you come see me? Don't pay for carts if you're not using them, just add it on during the months you use carts". I didn't know we could change our memberships up like that on a month-to-month basis, but he'll allow me to remove the charge during the cooler months when I walk, and only pay it for the months I'm using carts (the other option is to pay $15/round for a cart, but that adds up quickly when I play 12-15 rounds a month). So when Fall comes and I go back to walking, my golf just got a lot cheaper! I generally walk from September or October through May or June, so that will be a considerable savings.
He couldn't comp your lunch or something for the day after you paid all along? :ROFLMAO:

He couldn't comp your lunch or something for the day after you paid all along? :ROFLMAO:
He does us a lot of favors already, you won't hear me complaining. :cool:

Walked last week after work and remembered why it's my preferred way of playing. I need more walking rounds in my future!!

I've started pushing more now that our club got new Bag Boy carts.
IMG_20230607_091113.jpg

Walked 18 yesterday. It was warm but not super hot. Didn't drink enough water. I was hurting by the end of the round.

I need a new push cart.

If you can swing it i highly recommend a powered push cart

Great way to walk more bit a lot easier than pushing (after 6 rounds with mine I'd say I definitely don't really need the gps but the remote is a must)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Get a nice push cart with all the features/storage............and then add the Alphard V2 kit to it.
Cheaper, better storage/features, and every bit as good.

Do they provide these for you? Included in membership or greens fee etc?

That's cool if so

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
They're included in the green fee. They're ok carts, and considering they're no cost, they're awesome. I've completely switched to pushing while playing there.

I've been using a push cart since 2009. I bought a Bag Boy Express GT back then and immediately noticed how much better pushing is on your shoulders vs carrying. I've put so many miles on it that I had to replace all the wheel bearings a few years back, however it doesn't get as much use now that I acquired a Caddytek Caddy Lite EZ. I even walk when it's around 100 degrees. Just put the umbrella up for shade and take lots of water. I also have attachable seats for both carts. Being able to sit down while waiting on hot days is really nice. It kinda makes me sick when I see a bunch of lazy twenty-somethings riding around on golf carts when my 45 y.o. a** is walking and playing "real golf". You ain't a real man if you ain't walkin', son! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I've actually thoroughly enjoyed walking as much as I have this year. Walking at least 9 per week- I'm contemplating adding umbrella to the setup but haven't fully committed to walking full time. Decisions decisions...

I've been using a push cart since 2009. I bought a Bag Boy Express GT back then and immediately noticed how much better pushing is on your shoulders vs carrying. I've put so many miles on it that I had to replace all the wheel bearings a few years back, however it doesn't get as much use now that I acquired a Caddytek Caddy Lite EZ. I even walk when it's around 100 degrees. Just put the umbrella up for shade and take lots of water. I also have attachable seats for both carts. Being able to sit down while waiting on hot days is really nice.
My Saturday morning 4some here in Texas walks too, getting out around 7-730 with temps starting in the mid 80s and getting to mid 90s by round end at 1030-1130 (depending on the traffic in front of us). I haven't used an umbrella, but have definitely been considering it lately.

Do you use a lighter colored umbrella or a darker umbrella? I ask because I assume a darker one would retain more heat...but curious what your experience has been like before I make any purchases.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mrs. Reject is battling arthritis and possible nerve damage in right foot so we rode yesterday. Might not be in PCM for awhile.....:(

Last edited:
After my round yesterday in 108 degree heat I can say the pushcart is put away until the end of overseeding in Nov

After my round yesterday in 108 degree heat I can say the pushcart is put away until the end of overseeding in Nov
That's a long time.

I do not disagree with you though, If the heat index is nearing triple digits I'll ride.

The only thing I don't like about the Nitron is that I cannot figure out how to really get the umbrella holder to work well, for me. Walked in the misty rain yesterday.

My Saturday morning 4some here in Texas walks too, getting out around 7-730 with temps starting in the mid 80s and getting to mid 90s by round end at 1030-1130 (depending on the traffic in front of us). I haven't used an umbrella, but have definitely been considering it lately.

Do you use a lighter colored umbrella or a darker umbrella? I ask because I assume a darker one would retain more heat...but curious what your experience has been like before I make any purchases.

Umbrella color is dependent on which bag/set of clubs I'm using. I have 4 or 5 sets of clubs, and the umbrellas match the bag colors. My main gamer bag is black, so I have a black and grey umbrella with it. I really don't notice the umbrella retaining heat, and the shade is damn nice on hot days. I'd say you'd be good with whatever color umbrella you want.

That's a long time.

I do not disagree with you though, If the heat index is nearing triple digits I'll ride.

The only thing I don't like about the Nitron is that I cannot figure out how to really get the umbrella holder to work well, for me. Walked in the misty rain yesterday.
I could walk in September again but with the scalping/overseeding starting there are fewer courses open. It usually means that things are pretty packed and slow so having a cart to sit in is nice. After a course opens from overseed it is CPO so I always walk then anyways.

I only use the umbrella holder to block the sun and since I have added the Alphard wheels I don't use the umbrella at all since the cart is usually way in front of me.

I wanted to yesterday but it was very muggy out and threat of storms so I opted for 9 holes with cart. I don't mind walking with the cart in the rain. I just absolutely hate how much grass and mud track on the cart and some courses give you a hard time if you want to borrow the cart hose to rinse it off after. I have a newer SUV, I don't want to be tracking that crap in my trunk even with a hard liner.

I wanted to yesterday but it was very muggy out and threat of storms so I opted for 9 holes with cart. I don't mind walking with the cart in the rain. I just absolutely hate how much grass and mud track on the cart and some courses give you a hard time if you want to borrow the cart hose to rinse it off after. I have a newer SUV, I don't want to be tracking that crap in my trunk even with a hard liner.
We always use a wedge to clean the tire rims while walking to the parking lot....works like a charm!

Would be great if someone were to create a brush adapter that could temporarily attach to a club and could clean the wheels....million dollar idea right there....

Big fan of carts . I have a Sun Mountain Mini 4 wheel cart, works really good. The idea of an electric one that follows me around seems fun tho.

Back