Putter Fitting - Club Champion

vdubtx

MC Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
About to get involved with some tech for my putting.

3824E8C0-4CE7-484C-BD8F-4BDE168E6AD0.jpeg
4238AD89-1253-4E00-8C39-04D9B96D2808.jpeg

Now THAT is a pretty wall!

looking forward to your thoughts

So what did you find out sir?

How did it go. Plano location?

I'm curious to know if they fit you into a putter that you currently are not using. Meaning you have a more inside, square, to inside stroke but you're using a mallet & are better off with a blade. Or vice versa :eek:

How’d it go?

Sorry to leave all hanging.

Putter fitting went really well. Started out with an explanation of the SAM system and fitter watching me hit a few putts. He then placedpart of the SAM system to my putter and I took about 10 putts while the SAM system collected data.

Once that was complete we reviewed the data collected. According the system I have a pretty consistent 2 degree open face at contact. After I make contact with the ball my swing gets a bit inconsistent. Can see beginning dispersion is pretty tight, but then widens at end of my swing.

BFCBC8B4-DCB0-48F5-9B0B-BC191D136BF1.jpeg

This shows I have a straight path with my swing.

FA3D366A-F21E-4CCA-B9AB-7A096C1C6F26.jpeg

16EE0181-BD5B-40D0-BA99-707C33BC2F17.jpeg

Next, this shows that SAM suggests that I have 3 degrees of loft.

25C6E30F-6D4E-4655-9B8A-F3C122329F18.jpeg

Next shows suggested lie angle.

56E20E00-BB4A-4DC8-9412-2263FB35EF09.jpeg

After we reviewed data we reviewed what SAM suggested as a putter shape and face balance. According to SAM, a mallet putter with 45 degree toe hang was suggested.

We started out hitting several different models, from Bettinardi, Taylormade, Odyssey, Ping, Cleveland, Seemore, Scotty Cameron.

Hit a few balls with each and started to narrow down ones that felt the best or most comfortable. Couple that I hit, fitter said didn't like shot shape so we set those aside.Narrowed down to 4 total and to be honest, I could go with any of them. Was sinking putts pretty easily with them. That's my Cleveland Frontline in pic.

6D40F077-4241-48E5-8514-1461BC720250.jpeg

The final 3-4 putters were:
Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5
Seemore SB20
Cleveland Cero
Cleveland Elevado

Talked with fitter about Triple Track and he seemed kind of negative about them. He mentioned the Ten S is the one in the line that meets my suggested specs, but they didn't have it for me to try. Suggested I try them at PGA store.

We also measured putter length and fitter suggested a 36.5" length for me.

Overall, I think the fitting was awesome. I loved the data and the suggestions of putter type matches up best along with loft, lie angle etc.

They took my current Frontline blade and adjusted the loft on it.

Heavy ponder mode on a few putters now. One of these will be in my bag very soon.

This one sure is purty....

3565C3DF-2491-4FD3-8B39-235A71C8029C.jpeg

Awesome info!!!!

Stopped by PGA store to roll some putts with the Triple Track Ten S, it felt really good and is certainly in contention.

Have some hard decisions to make to select one.

Nice info. Two very expensive options and a “regular “ priced one. Looks like they have your shape dialed in well.

Great recap!

Awesome, have fun! Was this something you had planned before the Morgan Cup selection, or did it push you to do a putter fitting?
I knew I would want to do a fitting sooner or later, but The Morgan Cup is certainly a driving factor on doing one sooner.

The more familiar I am with a putter, the better off I will be when in Utah!!

Great stuff! Is the 36.5" putter length an increase over what you were previously playing? Out of curiosity, how tall are you?

Crazy good information. I'm going to have to get a putter fitting there. It's one thing I've never done and my putting is a weaker area of my game

Great stuff! Is the 36.5" putter length an increase over what you were previously playing? Out of curiosity, how tall are you?
Current is 35" and I am right at 6 foot tall.

Great write up, thanks for sharing. (y)

One thing I liked about the Seemore putter was the rifle scope tech on it. I didn't even realize it until the fitter showed me about it. Easy to see if you're way off on set up to the ball.

Great write up. Putting is so interesting because it's all about feel and what you liked. When I did mine my fitter was shocked I liked a shorter putter, but said if you like it dont touch it.

Thanks for sharing, I am now even more jazzed for my Wednesday fitting.

Back