Putter Fitting - First Timer

Nice. Sounds like it was a great experience!

I think I'm going to have to get a fitting for sure.
Also, I've been trying to convince @PackersGirl that she should replace her putter. Maybe a fitting is in order for her, too. 🤔
If you have a club champion near you, I'd suggest trying to get a fitting before the end of this month at least for her because they are doing a deal where you get 50% off the fitting price with a purchase.
I went in expecting to get a new putter cause I new the one I had wasn't for me even though I've basically built my putting stroke around it since it's what I had.

The guy said this was the best deal of the year every year (& it's for any type of fitting)

So after Den was at the grandaddy & got his first ever full fitting, he suggested that I get a putter fitting since it is the club that is used most & mine was ancient.
Everything else in my bag is okay for right now, I've been hitting well so that was just step one for me.

When talking with the fitter & going over the data, he explained that:
  1. My current putter was way to long for me so my sight line was off.
  2. I was closing too much on my rotation relative to my path with the current putter.
  3. The loft on my existing putter was way to much.
He basically said if it weren't for these things, he said he would tell me to keep my current putter.
Overall my path was consistent.

So even if you love your current putter, I'd suggest getting the baseline data from a fitting. If it is right for you, they will tell you and shouldn't push new product n you.
At least that was my experience with the guy I worked with.
So did he recommend anything in particular? Length? Loft? Brand and shape?

Fitting Review‼

When we got to Club Champion, I was greeted by my fitter and we jumped right in. He made us feel welcomed and at home. He asked me about my current game & my goals going forward.

The fitter measured my old club & explained the different measurements (length, head type, toe hang, loft, lie)
IMG_20220122_211758_461.jpg

Let's just say... There was a lot "wrong" with my old putter for my height & swing.

He let me roll some putts with my old putter to get warmed up then set up the SAM Lab to start getting some measurements.
View attachment VID_116950730_214817_183~2.mp4

I performed 7 putts for the system to collect data on my putting stroke then went over the results with the fitter.

IMG_20220122_211656_761.jpg

1. Path & head type recommendation:
My swing path is pretty consistent for the most part. I have a decent amount of rotation at the beginning and end but am pretty square at impact.
PXL_20220123_185648188.jpg
The SAM Lab basically said I could go with a blade or mallet.
Note: my putter was too long which could increase arc & rotation.

2. Head balance - Rotation relative to path:
Like I said above I'm opening the club face in my back swing & closing in my follow through, but pretty square at impact.
PXL_20220123_185655418.jpg
This results in the system recommending toe hang, however I do think he added extra toe hang to the new putter I picked.

3. Putter Loft - launch conditions:
My old putter had a loft of 5° & the system was showing my launch was a little high.
PXL_20220123_185608842.jpg
The system recommended knocking 2° off & going with a 3° loft.

4. Putter Lie:
Obviously, with a putter that is the wrong size, it was difficult to get the right lie. In order to achieve this, my line of sight was actually behind the ball instead of over the ball. This explains why my impact is a towards the back half of the putter face instead of in the center.
PXL_20220123_185620459.jpg
But overall my lie will remain the standard 70.

5. Overall results & grip type:
Here are the overall results... the system recommended a normal grip type.
PXL_20220123_185628379.jpg
For the grip, it was all about the feel when I got into trying out different types of putters based on the results.

Comparison of gamer to suggested:
PXL_20220123_185635783.jpg

Now onto trying out a bunch of different styles of putters. I think I tried at least 6 different putters.
Both blades & mallets.
IMG_20220122_211634_581.jpg
IMG_20220122_211630_656.jpg
IMG_20220122_211610_632.jpg
View attachment VID_116930629_142415_005~2.mp4

View attachment VID_116941013_124007_965~2.mp4
View attachment VID_116940619_215114_053~2.mp4

Last edited:
Really enjoyed reading your fitting review. Very in depth and should do a good job taking the mystery out of what to expect

Great write up, @Sarzar ! Thank you for sharing!

Great review of your fitting experience, and congrats on the new putter @Sarzar!

Nice write up, can’t wait to hear how the new putter treats you once the weather breaks.

Congrats! I hope your putting greatly improves with the new putter! I know the data you get in the CC putter fitting is eye opening.
Thanks! It was definitely eye opening for sure.

Really enjoyed reading your fitting review. Very in depth and should do a good job taking the mystery out of what to expect
I learned a lot about the putting game yesterday so definitely will have more confidence on the greens once the weather warms up a little!

Thanks! It was definitely eye opening for sure.

I learned a lot about the putting game yesterday so definitely will have more confidence on the greens once the weather warms up a little!

One of the selling points on my new putter was the confidence I had using it. My fitter basically said he wants me to get to a point where I'm disappointed when I don't make those longer putts. Expect to make it. The tip I got was mostly about tempo and the length of the back stroke and follow through depending on the length of the putt. That's already consistent with what I do for chipping and pitching, so I'm not sure why that didn't cross my mind for putting.

Sweet review! That putter is sleek as heck and I almost went with that one myself! Enjoy

One of the selling points on my new putter was the confidence I had using it. My fitter basically said he wants me to get to a point where I'm disappointed when I don't make those longer putts. Expect to make it. The tip I got was mostly about tempo and the length of the back stroke and follow through depending on the length of the putt. That's already consistent with what I do for chipping and pitching, so I'm not sure why that didn't cross my mind for putting.
Yes! Confidence is key. I was draining way more putts with this putter than any of the others I tried. It was comfortable in my hands and having the all black helped eliminate distractions when I was taking my strokes.

Yes! Confidence is key. I was draining way more putts with this putter than any of the others I tried. It was comfortable in my hands and having the all black helped eliminate distractions when I was taking my strokes.
Sounds like you found something you really like! When does it arrive? 🤣

Sounds like you found something you really like! When does it arrive? 🤣
Yes! I definitely did 😁
Probably about 4-6 weeks according to the fitter. He said if there are material issues & it takes longer, he will lone me the demo until mine comes in.

Last edited:
Back