Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Toying with the idea of a new putter shaft for my Grandsport 35. Going to replace the grip with a superstroke, so might as well do it all at once. If I’m going to do it, I have a couple of requirements:

Must be black. Graphite preferred- for that full interweb golfer mystique.

Would like something shorter- 31-33” I spent years golfing with shorter putters, my odyssey was 33, and that’s still too long to be comfortable for me. My Grandsport is 34, and I end up choking way up on it, almost to the base of the grip.

Or, am I better off just keeping what I have? Rest of the bag is pretty much figured out, and I have the need to tinker some more. Trying to get used to this Cobra putter. Grip replacement will help significantly but why not go all the way.

Finally, price. I’d prefer not to spend $300, let’s try to keep things around $150. If I should spend more, convince me why.

Thanks.

I have two LA golf shafts and have no regrets and absolutely enjoy the feel of them putting.

Kinetixx

Still the best putter shaft I’ve reviewed.
Looks like this comes in at 34” Any issues shortening this to 33, or even 32”?

I would suggest shortening your putter first to make sure you have a length you are comfortable with then reshafting at that length. Maybe put an inexpensive grip on it to make sure the length is right before putting the Superstroke on.

I don't have any experience with those putter shafts.

I would suggest shortening your putter first to make sure you have a length you are comfortable with then reshafting at that length. Maybe put an inexpensive grip on it to make sure the length is right before putting the Superstroke on.

I don't have any experience with those putter shafts.
I know a shorter length is more comfortable, that is not the issue. I end up with my hands on the bottom of the grip on my 34” shaft When I’m setup to putt.

I’m not 100% sure a new shaft will make a significant difference, but if I’m spending 75 bucks on a new grip and installation (with Arccos) I might as well throw a new shaft in there at the same time.

I know a shorter length is more comfortable, that is not the issue. I end up with my hands on the bottom of the grip on my 34” shaft When I’m setup to putt.

I’m not 100% sure a new shaft will make a significant difference, but if I’m spending 75 bucks on a new grip and installation (with Arccos) I might as well throw a new shaft in there at the same time.

I wasn't arguing your desire for a shorter shaft I was just talking about getting the length right whether it be 31,32 or 33 inches. Spending the $75 on the grip and Arccos I would want to have the shaft be the length I want.

I wasn't arguing your desire for a shorter shaft I was just talking about getting the length right whether it be 31,32 or 33 inches. Spending the $75 on the grip and Arccos I would want to have the shaft be the length I want.
I’m not super picky- anything is better than the 34 i game now. And I don’t usually see anyone offering anything below 33. If I can get set at 32-33 I’m good. Should be able to dial in the weight with the supersport grip. I played a short length putter for about 15 years with my old set- and now I’m having difficulty finding shorter options.

None at all. Butt cut to length.
Does cutting it to 32 effect the weight? Or is it all handled with the grip weight?

Does cutting it to 32 effect the weight? Or is it all handled with the grip weight?
It’s not enough to alter weight to where you’d notice it. No different than any other shaft.

And it’s the lowest torque putter shaft on the market to boot, zero reason to worry.

It’s not enough to alter weight to where you’d notice it. No different than any other shaft.

And it’s the lowest torque putter shaft on the market to boot, zero reason to worry.
I have never really thought about the putter shaft and your review and the conversation has me interested as to how much of a difference this shaft would make. I also never really thought about it but I have always played my putters at 35"but I will choke down. I am wondering now about the difference for better or worse in choking down as compared to playing a shorter putter shaft and what that difference might be if you have any thoughts on that.

I want to try a kinnetixs and probably will next year. I have been impressed with kinetic driver shaft sho I am sure the putter shaft is good.

but, I currently have a fujikura MC putter shaft that I am really enjoying it. The feel is great and I honestly feel more consistency and confidence in my stroke since the switch.

Received an email back from Kinetixx. Giving the Zero TRQ a serious ponder…415BD503-1A6A-4A34-A3AD-6ADC33E88E0F.pngF3C73FD8-4F1E-46B1-99C7-78A7EA3C185A.png

I'm close. You saved me the first step by posting this. Haha 👊
Waiting to see how generous Santa is. Between the shaft, grip, and install, im approaching $250 quickly. But it will LOOK so GREAT, even if I still miss those 5 footers. Lol.

Just FYI, for those who want to use superstroke grips and Arccos- but want a slimmer grip-

Our slimmest grips compatible with the super stroke arrcos accessory are our Traxion Tour 2.0 and Pistol GT Tour. On our website we do have the product specs, to show the diameter of each grip so that will give you an idea as well…

I Really LIKE the looks of this shaft ..... been thinking of replacing the standard steel in the SeeMore i5. I have done plenty of Irons and Drivers, fairways but i have never changed out a Putter shaft

Putting is so personal and everyone’s preferred feel is so different. Stinks that there’s not a better way to trial different shafts without spending the money on them. With that said, here’s my review of some because I’ve tried most the big ones.

KINETIXX Zero TRQ
This one just didn’t agree with me much. Looks very cool. It’s the stiffest putter shaft I’ve ever felt and you can tell when you putt. I had mine installed in my Olson putter (Newport 2 shape). Not sure what the culprit was (putter, grip, shaft?) but the weighting was completely off. It also gave the putter a bit harsher feel.

KBS CT Tour
Great shaft. Nothing crazy but can tell it’s more stiff than a traditional steel shaft. I like the feel and balance. Definitely my go-to if I want a more traditional look.

KBS One Step
Feel like this one is severely underrated. Doesn’t seem like it gets much talk but I love the feel. Switched my Olson putter from the KINETIXX shaft to the One Step and the difference is night and day for me. Super stable with a much softer feel out of the middle than the KINETIXX in my experience. But can tell when the ball isn’t out of the middle. I don’t love the “step” if I focus on it but when actually putting, I’m not looking at the putter shaft so the step has no influence.

Stability Tour
I have the blackout Stability tour in a Scotty Circa 62 and a Scotty X5.5. Love it in the X5.5 but not as big of a fan in the Circa 62. Similar to the KINETIXX, I think it’s a weighting problem with it in the Circa 62, which I believe is a lighter head. I can’t feel the head through the stroke as well with the Circa. Now with the X5.5, the head is heavier and the feel is awesome. Can see the difference between this shaft and a regular steel shaft big time in the X5.5. I know where the head is and it seems I find the middle of the face more often and am more square at impact. And the black out look is 🔥.

LAGP one35
This one is by far my favorite off the putter face. Installed this one in my CT T22 and man it felt like butter off the putter face. So so smooth and stable. Was my gamer for the majority of the summer. My only complaint is the weight. It’s on the heavy side and I felt like I couldn’t feel the putter head through the stroke as well. I had the shaft pulled and the original steel shaft put back in because I am sending it to the custom shop for some work. It’s crazy how much better I could feel the putter head in the stroke with the steel shaft back in it. But it certainly wasn’t as smooth or buttery off the face as it was with the LAGP shaft. Would love to see how it feels with the LAGP one05 shaft in it since it’s lighter weight. Could be a winning combo but haven’t decided what I’m going to do after I send it to the custom shop.

Hope this helps someone as I know it’s tough to test different putter shafts without purchasing first.

Back