Putting Questionnaire

1. Do you consider putting to be a strength of yours or a weakness? Explain.

2. What are your favorite drills on the practice green that help you the most?

3. Do you have any confidence building statements that you say to yourself before a putt?
1. I don't consider it a strength nor a weakness. I average slightly better than 2 putts/hole, which means I'm not giving up strokes, but I'm not gaining them either.
2. I like the clock drill. Place four balls around the hole, three feet out and then putt them all in. Make 20 in a row and then move out to four feet and attempt to repeat.
3. "Just hit it Alice." I'll miss 100% of the putts that I fail to get to the hole.

1. I fancy myself a competent putter. I tend to leave myself tap in second putts and make a few in the 5-10' range each round. I feel that confidence in putting ability is a good portion of one's success.

2. My practice drills start from 3' away and I do the clock drill a few times. Then I move it back to 5'. I don't start over if I miss, but everything on the practice green I strive for two putts. I also like to line up a ball at 5', 10' and 15', this helps me with speed and I'll do that one a few times.

3. The only thing I say to myself is "see the line, hit the line" and I focus on visualizing the putt dropping before I set up to take my stroke.

It fascinates me that so many people consider putting a strength but yet the what did you shoot thread is filled with putting horror stories.

It fascinates me that so many people consider putting a strength but yet the what did you shoot thread is filled with putting horror stories.

Perception versus reality can be a real b!tch.

1. Putting is a weakness for me. In fact it's probably biggest weakness, and that is including some recent improvement.

2. I've started trying to practice shorter putts...3-5 feet more. Of course I only do that before a round, and even then it's not before every round.

3. If I think anything before a putt it's negative. I have zero confidence in my ability to make what a lot of people would consider gimmes. The majority of pads and birdies I've made have come on long putts. Since I don't expect to make it I don't get nervous.

1. Do you consider putting to be a strength of yours or a weakness? Explain.

Definitely a weakness. I do not read putts well and I tend to peek too soon and pull my putts. I would estimate I waste 4 - 6 strokes each round.

2. What are your favorite drills on the practice green that help you the most?

Nothing seems to help. I might have a good streak but they do not last.

3. Do you have any confidence building statements that you say to yourself before a putt?

No; in fact I probably have more doubts than positive thoughts.

For those who have game golf what is your strokes gained putting?

1. Lag putting and reading putts are the weakest part of my putting game. I feel like I'm a decent putter outside of those 2 areas. Once I pick my line, I pick an aim point about 12 inches down the line, and roll it over that spot. Also, I'm pretty confident about my setup and mechanics when I've got a Seemore in my hands.

2. I recently got a drill for lag putting where I put a couple of tees about 3ft a couple feet from the edge of the practice green and then hit putts from various distances trying to get the putts to between the tees without going off the green. The tees help keep me from getting too fixated on a hole. Last summer, I had a better chance of getting up and down from off the green, than 2 putting from 25+ feet.

3. I don't say anything to myself. Maybe I should start telling the ball that the hole is its home.

Back