PXG 0317 CB Players Irons

The data on these today was good good good during my range practice on the sim. They’re so damn thumpy, the feel is insane. But more than that, I elevate them easily, hell, I was hitting the 5i to 108 foot peaks off the deck.
Weren't you a huge fan of the T100 last year? How do they compare? Mostly curious about distance and forgiveness?

I filed one of those Roundup claims you see lawyers advertise all the time on TV. If I ever get a few bucks out of that, I'm definitely going back to PXG for an iron fitting, hoping these are the best fit.

I've been trying to replace my Ping i20 irons with CFS shafts for a while now. Had a great fitting experience at the PXG Philadelphia store. The MMT 70 R shaft worked best for me. Really liked the look and feel of these, certainly looks to me like a 7/8th scale Ping I-series iron. Liked the narrower sole compare to mine. The 0317-CB and Ping i20 have same lofts and I got pretty much the same results. I had no idea I was (a slow swinging) Iron Bryon. ;)

I really enjoyed trying these clubs. My personal goal is to find a bit more height but maybe it just isn't there...

Ball SpeedLaunch AngleBackspinCarryTotalHeightDecent Angle
Ping i20 CFS R94.620.26,050125.1135.26140.6
0317 CB MMT 70 R94.620.76,073125.5135.26341.4

@Jman just catching up in this thread. Enjoyed your thoughts and feedback! I know the 0311p range days were a positive, I’m still gaming myself.
I didn’t see, which shaft are you using in these?

the carry distance is long in what you shared, with the weaker/standard lofts. Im surprised.

@Jman just catching up in this thread. Enjoyed your thoughts and feedback! I know the 0311p range days were a positive, I’m still gaming myself.
I didn’t see, which shaft are you using in these?

the carry distance is long in what you shared, with the weaker/standard lofts. Im surprised.
Their irons are always good, and as an old PING guy, I think that’s part of it for me. I don’t care for Parsons, but, the feel of these is better than anything I think I’ve ever hit.

I’ve got the Elevates in them, going to move the Recoil V’s in soon I hope, just based on how much I play. I too have been surprised at the distances given the lofts, shorter than my T100S or SMS Pro’s, but not as much as I expected.

Their irons are always good, and as an old PING guy, I think that’s part of it for me. I don’t care for Parsons, but, the feel of these is better than anything I think I’ve ever hit.

I’ve got the Elevates in them, going to move the Recoil V’s in soon I hope, just based on how much I play. I too have been surprised at the distances given the lofts, shorter than my T100S or SMS Pro’s, but not as much as I expected.
I’ve been hard looking at the Gen 6’s, really intrigued by them. Have yet to hit a PXG iron, but these are out of my league…

I’ve been hard looking at the Gen 6’s, really intrigued by them. Have yet to hit a PXG iron, but these are out of my league…
Hahahaha, I do love me some players cavity backs

You know what was most surprising about these in my 10-12 swings? The feel was pretty impeccable. I’m talking as good as the best I’ve ever hit. There’s still that bit of PING look to their designs too at setup, which I don’t mind.

They as a company still confuse the hell out of me.
So I'm a little late to the this party, life gets in the way.
Did you go to a PXG fitting store to test these?

So I'm a little late to the this party, life gets in the way.
Did you go to a PXG fitting store to test these?
Saw set in wild, asked to hit, went WTF, asked to use for couple holes, went oh f**k, found set on their eBay pre-owned to try and test.

After a few rounds and range sessions...I'm still loving mine. Starting to get comfortable with them and they are probably my favorite set of irons in a long time.

I sort of hate how well I hit these. I still have…issues…with it, but at the same time the transition has been effortless, and my iron game is more effortless than ever.

I am in process of moving the DART V’s into them, and that could be curious.

Still shocked by these. Had the best ballstriking round I’ve had in a minute out at SCC yesterday. I’m comfortable enough to flight the ball and hit different clubs than just what my stock carry club is for that shot. I’ve also stopped swinging so damn hard so distances have come down where I wanted them to be.

After two rounds these already have the chance to be my favorite irons ever. Can't ask for much else in performance and looks.

@Jman your review of these is going to make me buy things I shouldn’t be buying😂

One can say what they want about the business model, but PXG has always built some really nice irons. I couldn't be more pleased with the 0211DC irons I have now, though I would be interested in trying these 0317CBs at some point. Their drivers are now catching up with the irons, as the Gen 6 0311 driver I have is the best driver I think I've ever hit!

Just went on a big golf trip with the CBs. I have never been this happy with a set of irons. Such an added plus that they look incredible in the bag.

Still shocked by these. Had the best ballstriking round I’ve had in a minute out at SCC yesterday. I’m comfortable enough to flight the ball and hit different clubs than just what my stock carry club is for that shot. I’ve also stopped swinging so damn hard so distances have come down where I wanted them to be.

I only have the 4 iron as part of the ST set, which i think is a little different but overall similar to the CB set. It's a really amazing club.

I launch my 24 degree CB as high as my 27 degree blade 5 iron. But it's still a great trajectory, doesn't balloon. And it feels like pure butter as you've said. Feels just as good as the blades TBH

I don't like the GEN5 and GEN6 designs, find them ugly....but the 0317 family is amazing

My friends hit these this weekend, I think they were all surprised as hell at the sound (feel) and flight. Whether they will make themselves feel dirty and post in here, I don’t know, but they’re confirmed as damn good irons for me still at the moment.

Back