Fairly new to already see a huge slash like this in the current market.

View attachment 9012580
They are offering the military and 1st Responder to discount to everyone during June. I think it’s kind of a Father’s Day promo.

the golfer i see with pxg clubs in the bag these days is not the same as the golfer i saw with pxg clubs in the bag just a few short years ago.

the price drop seems to have been successful in increasing access to a wider range of golfers. but that also means that the image they initially sold and many early adopters bought has changed, and those early adopters may no longer identify with the brand.

The only ones I’ve ever seen are my own. About a month or so after i got mine i discovered that a neighbor also plays them! Million to one shot there.

How do you go from being a "luxury brand" to a low cost leader?
I just noticed an IG ad this am with the $225 driver and couldn't believe it.

With the golf industry as hot as it is, why would you continue to slash prices?
Sounds like the failed Dell strategy to me... Undercut everyone to gain market share while killing your margins.

If you're going to sell at 1/2 the price as competitive drivers, why not go to retail and get wholesale pricing where your retail is now?
Makes no sense.

BTW this is a personal opinion and we're definitely not calling out a company much bigger than ours;).

Last edited:
Those iron prices seem reasonable as well

the golfer i see with pxg clubs in the bag these days is not the same as the golfer i saw with pxg clubs in the bag just a few short years ago.

the price drop seems to have been successful in increasing access to a wider range of golfers. but that also means that the image they initially sold and many early adopters bought has changed, and those early adopters may no longer identify with the brand.

I will say the price was a big factor in my decision to purchase PXGs. When looking at all the other manufactures it was going to $400 ish more to get the same bag I got with PXG. Being a high cap, casual golfer it wasn't even a question. I am not going to see $400ish worth of improvement with a Ping, TM, Callaway, etc, versus the PXGs.

PXG just adjusted their putter pricing, too. Yesterday, the Battle Ready line was $525 less a $250 price consideration, or $275 plus shipping. Today the Battle Ready line is $399 less a $124 price consideration, or $275 plus shipping. I'm not sure why you would make that change? Regardless, $275 is a pretty darn good price for a fully milled putter. But I wonder what it will be tomorrow?

I will say the price was a big factor in my decision to purchase PXGs. When looking at all the other manufactures it was going to $400 ish more to get the same bag I got with PXG. Being a high cap, casual golfer it wasn't even a question. I am not going to see $400ish worth of improvement with a Ping, TM, Callaway, etc, versus the PXGs.

which is totally cool and i hope you love your clubs! it’s just a bit of a shift in the messaging.

Looks like someone is not moving product like other people are.

PXG rep now comes to a local shop once per month to offer fittings. For fun and the experience I did a PXG fitting a month back, and even the rep was perplexed by PXG's pricing. He noted that it can change day to day.

Makes zero sense to me. They have good clubs that are on par with other offerings. I don't think they are worth buying at a premium. And when they low ball price at random, it just undercuts their marketing as a premium option and makes me wonder what the heck is going on. As a consumer I would be wary of buying.

I wonder if their reps are going to finally get the Glen Garry leads…

Dont forget to include shipping into the final price when comparing to other oems.

I picked up some Gen 2 hybrids last year when they slashed the prices. They are my favorite hybrids ever hit. I’m tempted to give one of these s try.

Somewhat agree. I do like the pitch of Hero pricing for all based on surviving the pandemic.

Really? So everyone is a hero just because they survived the pandemic? Ummm no they are not. Not the same as military or first responders at all. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? So everyone is a hero just because they survived the pandemic? Ummm no they are not. Not the same as military or first responders at all. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe because they all did what was needed to protect the general public. That in many books is a hero, you sir sound a typical American, I got mine f*ck y’all. And I served in the military to preserve your freedom to sound like a selfish a-hole

Thanks Bob, you almost make Wilson Staff look like they make good business decisions………not really!

Maybe because they all did what was needed to protect the general public. That in many books is a hero, you sir sound a typical American, I got mine f*ck y’all. And I served in the military to preserve your freedom to sound like a selfish a-hole
I’ve been on THP for years. Enjoy the conversations from all over the world. I’ve read two of your comments this morning that don’t come close to fitting what is the norm at THP. And as for typical Americans, We allow you the freedom to go find another group if you don’t like us.

Maybe Bob Parsons phones in every few weeks and tell them to jack the pricing around in one direction or another at random.

Boom, baby! Nobody prices clubs like PXG, nobody!!!!

2CD38D3E-7FDE-4AFD-9A80-C2AC55EB3478.gif

Back