Question for Riders: Cart Fee?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend said that his club just raised their cart fee to $29 per person. Up from $26, where it had been for close to 5 years. The carts did not change, however employee wages did rise. It got me thinking about cart cost and what it is in different areas.

So what do you pay for a cart fee?

I don't walk courses ever so my cart fee is always rolled into the overall price for me.

That being said- The place I have my range membership at only charges me cart fee to play after certain times. The fee is $1.00 per hole and it's been stable for the last 3-4 years.

Most of the ones I’ve seen around here are like $15-$20 for 18

$15/per person at the OKC city courses where I play most often. Goes down to $6/pp after 1800.

Holy cow - that's an expensive cart fee! My brother quit Arrowhead CC in Glendale, AZ earlier this year. His dues had been about $350 and cart fees were about $18. If he played 6 times per month, that put him at close to $500 after taxes. He just rejoined as they offered a special: $299/month and free carts for life.

I have played at three different country clubs recently on the Play Away program and the cart fee is between 17 and 25 bucks.

$12.00 @ most of the local courses near me. Go to some of the southern areas and I've seen $22-28 per round for carts.

I honestly have no Idea it’s usually included in the cost around here.

I haven't seen anything over $20 in my area. Some of the public courses I play include it in their green fee to encourage a faster pace of play.

I think it's around $23 at the two courses I play most.

$12 for 18 holes.

I haven't seen anything over $20 in my area. Some of the public courses I play include it in their green fee to encourage a faster pace of play.

Sounds counter-productive.

Most places around me are $15-18 per person for cart, hence why I walk alot.

Most courses around me are 10 for 9 holes and up to 20 for 18. Some don't have a different price that I can see so it might be built in but I don't walk so not sure if I could get a discount to walk.

Cart fee around here in NC is between $10-15. Its almost impossible to walk around here...everyone rides.

$350 a month for unlimited, all-inclusive access (golf/range/cart).

Guest cart fees are automatically included in the guest rate, as is the green fee and unlimited range balls for the day ($70-100 depending on the course and day of the week).

I honestly have no Idea it’s usually included in the cost around here.
Same here, in fact I've asked at some courses what the walking rate is and there is no difference, you pay for the cart use it or not (or I guess you could think of it as no charge for the cart :confused2:).

I never thought about it. I know it's included in the overall price, but I never though to look at the breakdown. I need to do that next time.

Same here, in fact I've asked at some courses what the walking rate is and there is no difference, you pay for the cart use it or not (or I guess you could think of it as no charge for the cart :confused2:).

I don't think I'd play at a course that charged me for something I didn't want or need very often.

Wow, if I had to pay $26-29 a round for a cart then I would be walking every round.

Courses I play around me are $13-20 (low-end rates are usually charged during matinee/twilight).

Around me it's anywhere from $15-$25. Some courses it almost doubles the price. I'll own a push cart before long.

I usually walk but the cart fee is around $15-20 around here I believe.

$6-&12 around here. They could probably charge more considering there are only a couple courses within 50 miles that you can actually walk.

Back