R.I.P. Dick Butkus

Steve2100

Manifesting
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
real 18 hc

Grew up watching him! Current Bears team could use someone like him in the middle!

Wow, what an NFL legend. RIP.

A legend. One of a kind.

And Iโ€™m a Packers fan.

One of the best to ever play the game. RIP

Legend of The Monsters of the Midwayโ€ฆ RIP.

Just saw thisโ€ฆRIP Mr Butkus!!!

Dangโ€ฆ.

Great player. Fearsome opponent for my Lions growing up.

He is a legend. RIP

RIP, a great football player.

RIP. He defined the position in his era and played the game the way it was meant to be played.

Damn, one heck of a football player.

R.I.P to one of the best middle linebackers

RIP to a legend.

He was one reason I became a Chicago Bears fan (before the Vikings were in existence). After the Vikings were created I became a Vikings fan.
I used to love watching Butkus destroy running backs and QB's. RIP Butkus!!

A pure football player, and Detroit will always remember his quick response toward the sideline when Chuck Hughes went down. Sad news.

lyt0n7pqkze21.jpg

Growing up in southern Indiana, my parents were die-hard Bears fans, and my father would always make it a habit to point out #51 to me on TV. He played with such reckless abandonโ€ฆI canโ€™t imagine the fines he would incur in todayโ€™s game!!

RIP, Mr. Butkus.

A highlight reel of Butkus shows plays that would not be allowed in todayโ€™s game. There is one clip of him hitting Charlie Sanders (Lions) that is classic. Sanders is about to catch a long pass and 51 hits him the same time the ball arrives. Incredible that Sanders could walk away!

As a Packers fan, nothing but respect for Dick Butkus. I hope he rest in peace because he helped make the game great.

Deacon Jones (Rams) once said that Butkus was a โ€œstone cold maniac.โ€ He added โ€œDick didnโ€™t try to put you in the hospital... he tried to put you in the cemetery!โ€

Butkus and Sayers made me a Bears fan.

Back