Ran my first marathon today!!

HjHay22

Reaction score
Handicap
Ran the LA Marathon today finished in 5 hours 25 minutes. Was shooting for a 4:30 but my left knee gave out on mile 18 so I ended up walking for about an hour til I could figure out how to run on it again. Glad I did it but man I'm paying for it now, can barely walk. Hopefully I will be able to get out and golf again by Wednesday.

Ran the LA Marathon today finished in 5 hours 25 minutes. Was shooting for a 4:30 but my left knee gave out on mile 18 so I ended up walking for about an hour til I could figure out how to run on it again. Glad I did it but man I'm paying for it now, can barely walk. Hopefully I will be able to get out and golf again by Wednesday.

Great job my friend!!! Sorry to hear about the knee but you finished and that is awesome!!

Congrats dude, that's a great achievement!

Thanks dudes! Icing my knee like Kobe tonight. Gotta be able to get back out on the course and quick!!

Wow, congrats! I've done some pretty huge cycling events in my time, but I simply cannot imagine running 26.2 miles without a gun at my head :) You're a stud!

Congratulations buddy! That's so awesome to hear! I've always wanted to run a marathon but have never done so. I really would love to do the LA marathon next year.

Weather was perfect today, mid 60s the entire time. Only 1 really bad hill, downtown, the one in Santa Monica Near the VA was tough only b/c it was so late in the race around mi 22. I think if you train properly and get your wind and feet n legs acclimated to the pounding and if you figure out your fueling and hydration it's doable. It's a great experience California92!!

Congrats on a wonderful accomplishment. Hope the knee heals up soon!

Wow... Congrats on finishing the marathon. I hope a few days of recovery is enough to get you back out on the golf course after the brutal beating your knee took.

Congratulations! Fantastic achievement. Take it easy on that knee, the golf course will still be there next week!

2 words: Ice bath.

Congratulations man! I did a half-marathon a few years ago, when I tried to take it past 15 miles, my knees screamed in protest. Good luck with the icing and I hope you recover quickly! And give Culver City a hug for me, I miss it so.

Great job, nothing beats the finish line at a marathon. Been doing them for 40 years, 3 this year. Welcome to the club...

Congrats on the acheivement and take it easy for a few days, don't worry about the golf course

Only ever ran half-marathons myself (years ago) so I can imagine how you are feeling....it is usually a day or 2 afterwards when the soreness really sets in

Congrats, that is truly an amazing accomplishment!

Congrats! I did a few half-marathons before gravity took over, but never ran the full 26.2.

Congrats man! This is an AMAZING accomplishment! Unreal dude!

Congratulations on completing the marathon. I'm really excited to see you finish and work through the knee issues.

Congrats on finishing your first marathon man!

Congrats man... quite the accomplishment!

Back