Random matchups at tee time

Great stories, thanks for sharing!

It did not happen to me, but my friends were in Orlando last month and Michael Jordan played in the group behind them. Jordan had lunch with them in the clubhouse afterward. They said he ws very friendly and seemed to be a really nice guy.

For my dad's 60th birthday I took him to spyglass. It was just the 2 of us so I knew we'd be paired up. We were lucky enough to play with Jim Abbot (former MLB pitcher). What a great experience. He was super friendly and was genuinely interested in who we were. It was also great having someone like that tell you you hit a nice shot. For those of you that don't know he only has one hand. He still drove the ball about 270 and shot in the mid 80's on a very tough course. Professional athletes are just at another level.

This past summer I was at my home course playing a round of golf by myself. I was just walking and playing multiple balls since the course was slow. I had a group of three older guys come up behind me and ask if I wanted to join in with them. I hopped in the cart with one of them and when we pulled up to the next tee box, Terry Bradshaw got out of the other cart. I played the rest of the round with them (about 13 holes) and it had to be one of the most fun rounds of golf I've played. He has a tournament here every year to raise money for LA Tech Athletics since this is where he went to school, but I never thought I get to actually play golf with him.

I played with the Great Spud Web a few times while I was in High School. Our practice Course was Thorntree Country Club, and he lived on the course, and was always playing. He wasnt very good, but it was really cool just to know we were playing with him.

I played with the Great Spud Web a few times while I was in High School. Our practice Course was Thorntree Country Club, and he lived on the course, and was always playing. He wasnt very good, but it was really cool just to know we were playing with him.
Did he have to use your kids clubs?

Played 9 holes with Troy Aikman 2 days after they loss to Detroit in the playoffs in 1992. Buddy and I were about to tee off at Hackberry Country Club and along strolls up Aikman to the 1st tee by himself. Asked if he wanted to play and he joined us. When he came up I said, "Hey, Hey, I know who you are" with a big smile on my face............."YOUR STEVE YOUNG!!!!" He busted out laughing. We didn't make another football comment or reference the rest of the way and I think he appreciated that. It was a special moment to actually play golf with one of my football hero's with no one around but me and my buddy. We will have that story for the rest of our lives. Didn't ask him for anything when we finished 9. We shook hands and said good luck to him. Still get chills when I think or talk about it.

I'm jealous! Never really though "I'd like to play with..." but if I got to play a round of golf with Aikman, that would be awesome, especially in 92, when he was on the rise to greatness!

Played with Bobby Richardson which it is not that mysterious because he was the one that invited us to play. He lives in the same town as us and we get to see him a few times a week. He is more like a family friend than someone we don't know. He has some really great stories about the perks of being a famous retired Yankee.

For those that don't know he played 2nd Base for the Yankees in the late 50's-60's. He played with some of the greatest names and the game. He is also the only player to ever win the World Series MVP on a losing team (just in case you ever need useless trivia)

This has got to the coolest thread ever! Love the stories...

This was fun to read some great stories. If anyone one note worthy ever played my usual spots they would be lost. I have played golf with +2's that is always a treat.

Back