Reading Greens is Easy…

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

That hit me right in the feels. :LOL:

This is how I feel every other time I have a caddie lmao
Have never had a caddie, but I hate getting green reading advice after I’ve already made up my mind. Some would call that bet stubborn, but not me.

Have never had a caddie, but I hate getting green reading advice after I’ve already made up my mind. Some would call that bet stubborn, but not me.
I would rather misread two greens over getting one bad read once.

Exactly how I putted for probably 30 holes at The Hideaway.

One cup to the left? No problem, lets hit that putt 4 feet left and 8 feet past lol.
5 foot putt? Lets completely blow that line and miss badly lol.

Exactly how I putted for probably 30 holes at The Hideaway.

One cup to the left? No problem, lets hit that putt 4 feet left and 8 feet past lol.
5 foot putt? Lets completely blow that line and miss badly lol.
No such thing as a straight putt!

Is ignoring a caddie being rude?
I told my caddie at The Hideaway I thought the putt was going to break more than he told me. Then buried a 15 footer.

Shared a legendary caddie with @Canadan once. He was the best Dan has ever had. No other caddie could hold a candle to that dude.

I told my caddie at The Hideaway I thought the putt was going to break more than he told me. Then buried a 15 footer.

Shared a legendary caddie with @Canadan once. He was the best Dan has ever had. No other caddie could hold a candle to that dude.
The Course: Bay Hill
The Crime: ******** on my parade
The Result: Rage

Is ignoring a caddie being rude?
I really liked the caddie we had on Day 2 at the Grandaddy (Kurt). He would give you a read if you asked for it, but otherwise he'd leave you alone.

Tom at Ballyhack was a fantastic caddie during the Budget championship last year. He was into every single shot I felt like. There’s a reason he got to keep the winning Paradym driver.

What is even said after that happening?

I really liked the caddie we had on Day 2 at the Grandaddy (Kurt). He would give you a read if you asked for it, but otherwise he'd leave you alone.
That would be ideal, I think, vs prompted without asking.

Caddie says nice read and we move on haha
That works.

I’m sure I would let a “nice read” slip. I should work on myself.

That works.

I’m sure I would let a “nice read” slip. I should work on myself.
Get yourself together man. These caddies are people too!

That would be ideal, I think, vs prompted without asking.
It was perfect for me. It was only the third time I've ever played with a caddie, so I'm not used to somebody else making my reads for me and I'm pretty comfortable making most of them myself. I definitely did ask him on a few where I couldn't get a good feel for them, and he was usually right on.

Back