Real or fake- Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Cowburner

Reaction score
Handicap
Howdy folks,

First time posting. I have just recently started to get back into golfing and want to get a secondhand Scotty Cameron putter. I know there is plenty of fakes out there and want a second opinion on one I am looking at picking up tomorrow. Supposed to be a Select Newport 2 from 2014. My unprofessional eye thinks it looks pretty good overall, I just don't know all the caveats of fakes. Never had a real Scotty though and don't want to be wrong on color or milling. I hope someone with more expertise can lead me in the right direction.

Thank all you hackers in advance for the assistance!

Cheers

Pictures:
tMRGo3X.jpg

fdxSaav.jpg

mKfBE0u.jpg

kvPpi6u.jpg

I am no expert but have read many posts on fake vs real and this one looks legit. Letter font looks right and straight. Weights look legit. Face milling looks deep and consistent.

For the right price I would purchase without worry. But this is just my unprofessional opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s a fake, it’s a good one

Thanks for the input. Talked the guy down to $150 and think that's a steal. Just want to make sure I am not stealing garbage :p

I say real, and a good price.

Looks good I'd say it's real. If not that's a great fake

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good to me!

Can someone please show me a picture of fake Scotty? I’ve yet to see one.

they arent as common as the fake head covers, but theyre out there. Ive only seen a few. Most common fake is the DIY Circle T

Abm7nRh.jpg

The Scotty letters looks painted on a fake, the circles have different edges, and the corner bottom right edge is more round.

Sorry the pic doesn’t help. In my 33 years of playing, I have never seen a fake SC.

Sorry the pic doesn’t help. In my 33 years of playing, I have never seen a fake SC.

look up on you tube. several credible folks showing comparisons of the the 2

Back