RealPretendPsychic's 2020(1) Grandaddy Marathon

aCFk4Ctfi9j06A2Xhj.gif

Not so good update to my journey today. Saw a doc about an arm and doc said the arm looks like a great arm, but there’s some parts in it that don’t look so hot. So here I am wearing an ugly splint. An ugly non-golfing splint! Hoping the stupidness ends in a few weeks.

It’s rough timing with the big show only two months away and my game in a terrible place. I’m sitting at a 9.5 cap although 5 of my last 8 rounds have been 93 or higher with 2 over 100. Was really hoping to get the game back in gear, but with my posting season ending on 11/15 that handicap battle could rear its ugly head in December.
I read this as - "The Doc had serious guns envy and asked me to please put them away for a little while. So I'll be rested and lying in wait come December, especially if I figure out a way to post a few 'knocking the rust off' rounds right before my season closes''

Beware this man. He has a plan. ;)

David has been working so hard at his game that I won't be surprised if he actually plays better after this time off

David has been working so hard at his game that I won't be surprised if he actually plays better after this time off
My recent rounds featured a 103 with two 11’s in the first 7 holes. I’ll take the under on that after this time off 😬

My recent rounds featured a 103 with two 11’s in the first 7 holes. I’ll take the under on that after this time off 😬
Sometimes you just need a physical and mental break and something clicks!

Played today for the first time in a month and a half. Wrist let me down on the 9th hole and I had to call it. Season is over for me, it’s time to rest and recover for December. Had a nice +8 round today. Driver didn’t hurt me at all today. Took me a bit to compensate for the rain and colder temps. Had a couple 3 putts and some rusty chipping. Grandaddy here I come!!!

Played today for the first time in a month and a half. Wrist let me down on the 9th hole and I had to call it. Season is over for me, it’s time to rest and recover for December. Had a nice +8 round today. Driver didn’t hurt me at all today. Took me a bit to compensate for the rain and colder temps. Had a couple 3 putts and some rusty chipping. Grandaddy here I come!!!

rest up and do what you can to get healthy

Rest up man, totally get needing recovery. You‘ll be ready to face off with Darth Finley & co and bring the belt back toTHP!!!

We’re just about at the finish line and the only prep I’m doing is packing and cleaning my clubs. Outside of putting when I walked 9 holes with my Dad on Thanksgiving, I’ve only played 27 holes since August and haven’t touched a club since my 9 hole round on 10/30.

I didn’t want to stumble into the Grandaddy especially after the long wait, but my body decided otherwise. My wrist is feeling better than it has since I injured it and I’m confident it won’t be an issue in my fitting or on the course.

We’re just about at the finish line and the only prep I’m doing is packing and cleaning my clubs. Outside of putting when I walked 9 holes with my Dad on Thanksgiving, I’ve only played 27 holes since August and haven’t touched a club since my 9 hole round on 10/30.

I didn’t want to stumble into the Grandaddy especially after the long wait, but my body decided otherwise. My wrist is feeling better than it has since I injured it and I’m confident it won’t be an issue in my fitting or on the course.
You are going to kill it when you get there David!! I'm sure that smooth swing from Chicago will be coming with you!! Getting there healthy is priority #1!!

You got this! We're here behind you every step of the way man

and tiure
Been fun following your long journey, and very excited to follow along with the culmination when you get out to Cali. You are going to have a blast!

The entire state of PA and parts of New York have your back. (y)

You got this @RealPretendPsychic. You're going to kick someone's butt like you kicked mine in Chicago!

Back