Slowmo

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
Getting a chance to play my dad’s old course. He played here 5-6 days a week after he retired and his ashes are sprinkled on the 12 and 13th hole. Feeling a bit nostalgic and missing my dad today.

It does feel good to get a chance to get back over here and play a round of golf with him again.

IMG_0988.jpeg

Getting a chance to play my dad’s old course. He played here 5-6 days a week after he retired and his ashes are sprinkled on the 12 and 13th hole. Feeling a bit nostalgic and missing my dad today.

It does feel good to get a chance to get back over here and play a round of golf with him again.

View attachment 9256676
this is a cool way to keep his memory alive.

Sad, but I love that you have a place like this to reconnect.

Sad, but good to have those moments. I’m sure he’s with you out there.

Way cool you can experience this.

That's really cool. Hopefully he gave you some luck around the course!

Love that you have this memory of/for him

Well through 9 dad would be kicking my butt by a good 10 strokes and making fun of me for how bad I’m playing. Let’s see if I can turn it around a bit.

Timely, as I had something that made me think of my dad and miss him earlier today. Love the tribute to yours on the course.

Thanks for sharing. That's a great memorial to him. And it's hard not to miss a golfing dad during the Masters.

That's a really cool memorial. I'm sure it's a hard week to miss him.

Keep his memory alive. Thank you for sharing.

After my Dad passed, I was given a ball signed by a couple of his buddies. I told them I would take it to his nemesis hole on one of the courses we played often and put it where he normally ended up...

Finally got to play it with a couple of my Buddies- 11th hole, Par 3, elevated tee about 130 to middle, known as the "Marina" hole. All carry over water and boats docked off to the left, and most days, people are watching from from their boats and docks. I play my ball (nearly an ace!), my buds play theirs, and I tell them- "Hold on a sec.." Tell them about it while I get the ball out of my bag. "This is for you, Dad..." and took a half swing and put it right in the center of the water. Just where he always ended up. Basically crying the whole time. Had a big 'Bro Hug' between us as the folks razzed me about it. We get down to the green- then let the folks know -'that was for my Dad...". No more razzing, just a bit of 'Golf Clap". Gave them a little salute and made my birdie.

Thank you for sharing this special time with us.

That is amazing. Such a great tribute

That’s a nice memorial. Hope you have a great round in his memory.

Very nice tribute 🙏🏻

enjoy it! Very nice tribute

View attachment 9256676
Love that, Buddy 👊🏼

What a great day. I played horrible but I just just hear my dads voice teasing me after each bad shot and then consoling me as it just kept getting g worse. He would have beat me by a good 20+ strokes today. I really miss him.

I'm sorry for your loss. My father passed right before New Year's and it still doesn't seem real. I love this memorial.

I pull out a set of my dad’s old irons once a year. I also keep the last U.S. Open towel that came after he passed away as part of the USGA membership he signed up for every year.

Back