Replace the PGA Championship - You Decide

The PGA really just seems to lack a "hook" like the other majors have. The Masters is played on one of the exclusive and renown courses in the world. It is also the first one of the year. The British Open gives you the only non-US major, and the weather is always a major factor. The US Open has the toughest setup, and you see some interesting drama that stems from watching the best players in the world struggle to make par.

Really the only reason the PGA is a major is because it is the championship for one of the governing bodies like the US and British Opens. It lacks the drama and marquis course of even the Players Championship. Not sure there is anything you can do to change that and keep the roots of the reason it was started. Letting the PGA pros qualify into the field has the same type of basis as the qualifying for the two Opens. Weakens the overall field statistically, but it still has a larger competitive field than the Masters.

Keep it how is. I like all four majors for their own reasons.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I prefer the PGA Championship over The Open Championship. It has the strongest field - keep it just like it is.

The PGA is a great tournament. I like that they don't trick out the golf course as if going under par is some horrible disgrace. I would consider having it at a permanent site like Valhalla or TPC Sawgrass.

I would change a thing. Why peeps are down on the PGA, I'll never know. It's a great test of golf played at great venues with a stellar field.

For sh!ts and giggles, if I were going to replace it. I would move the Memorial or WGC to replace it. Jack deserves a MAJOR in his honor. The Bstone is played at a stellar track. But I don't see in additional drama with these two over the current PGA.

And The Players, should be moved to.forst week in April and be the last stop in the Florida swing. It's doesn't carry the prestige it used to.

I would change a thing. Why peeps are down on the PGA, I'll never know. It's a great test of golf played at great venues with a stellar field.

For sh!ts and giggles, if I were going to replace it. I would move the Memorial or WGC to replace it. Jack deserves a MAJOR in his honor. The Bstone is played at a stellar track. But I don't see in additional drama with these two over the current PGA.

And The Players, should be moved to.forst week in April and be the last stop in the Florida swing. It's doesn't carry the prestige it used to.
I'm with you dude. I like the PGA. I thinks it feels a little cramped schedule wise really. Seems too close the Open Championship, but other than that I like it.

Agree on the Players too.

I think the Players is a better tournament and the consistent venue gives it the type of familiarity the Masters offers. The problem would be August, have to think that would be pretty unbearable.

For me The Players has a more Major feel than the PGA but I don't know that I'd go switching everything around. If not for the PGA there are a ton of courses I'd never see.

Maybe move it further from The Open or have it travel around the world.

Make it match play and alternate years between Whistling Straights and Kiawah Island.

Back