RPP’s 2024 Relocation Celebration

That hurts. :cry: Upstate is really nice especially in the spring, summer, and fall. I can understand it not making your list though.
A headhunter once told a close friend, “I have a hard time convincing candidates to move to the Albany-Saratoga region. But I have a much harder time convincing them to leave.”

First informal offer received today. While exciting, not thrilled about location. Chasing leads in CT, MD, NC, NJ, PA, and VA. Bracing for another 1-3 years of uncertainty. This is hard.

First informal offer received today. While exciting, not thrilled about location. Chasing leads in CT, MD, NC, NJ, PA, and VA. Bracing for another 1-3 years of uncertainty. This is hard.
Best of luck. Hope you see multiple offers that check all the boxes.

Hopefully something more to your liking comes through!

Good luck!

Come to Pittsburgh. Duh.
I spent an academic year there and that was enough for me. Cheap Pirates tix were amazing though!

Good luck. I hope you guys land on somewhere that works well for you. uncertainty sucks. hope the best for you.

Don't go to Pittsburgh!!

Wellllp things seem to be focused on Raleigh/Durham and Pennsylvania (possibly CT or NJ). Unlikely anything will finalize before February. The long, frustrating, and very unsexy journey continues.

Wellllp things seem to be focused on Raleigh/Durham and Pennsylvania (possibly CT or NJ). Unlikely anything will finalize before February. The long, frustrating, and very unsexy journey continues.

Raleigh Durham is a great place. I haven’t lived there but I worked for a company headquartered there for 17 years. I tried to convince my wife to move there. Solid weather year round compared to the north east, cost of living is less than Massachusetts. I would be all in on RD if you can make it work.

Raleigh Durham is a great place. I haven’t lived there but I worked for a company headquartered there for 17 years. I tried to convince my wife to move there. Solid weather year round compared to the north east, cost of living is less than Massachusetts. I would be all in on RD if you can make it work.
That’s where my head is at! It would be a local move and my hq is here. Really hoping that is how the cards fall.

That’s where my head is at! It would be a local move and my hq is here. Really hoping that is how the cards fall.
We probably wouldn’t do an east coast move but Raleigh would be at the top of the list if we did. My roomate from college moved there for a few years and we loved visiting them.

We probably wouldn’t do an east coast move but Raleigh would be at the top of the list if we did. My roomate from college moved there for a few years and we loved visiting them.
We really haven’t done much exploring in our 5 months here with a 7 month old and me working insane hours, but love it so far! Less than 20 minutes to Duke/Durham and UNC/Chapel Hill and 30 to Raleigh and easy access to the shore to the east and mountains to the west. Plus the golf weather. I could get used to that!

We really haven’t done much exploring in our 5 months here with a 7 month old and me working insane hours, but love it so far! Less than 20 minutes to Duke/Durham and UNC/Chapel Hill and 30 to Raleigh and easy access to the shore to the east and mountains to the west. Plus the golf weather. I could get used to that!
It’s a good place. Hopefully we can tee it up at some point

Staying local is always preferred I'd think. Hope it's smooth whichever way it goes

Staying local is always preferred I'd think. Hope it's smooth whichever way it goes
+1

The bonus is if you don't need to switch companies at all.

Officially taking my talents back to Hershey, PA. Mixed emotions about this one but it’s a good opportunity for my wife and I will be keeping my job as a remote employee.

Aww I was reading this kinda hoping you would end up near Beaufort sc or low country area.

Good luck on your next adventure in PA.

Another chapter in a long life. Enjoy it as much as you can.

And chocolate.

I know you were wishing for warmer weather but congrats!

Officially taking my talents back to Hershey, PA. Mixed emotions about this one but it’s a good opportunity for my wife and I will be keeping my job as a remote employee.
kenan and kel nicksplat GIF

Does this mean in the future there’s another chance for you to land in Minnesota? Have fun moving again though my friend.

Best of luck on the move and relocation. Hit me up if you can get out for a round before heading out.

Back