RPP’s 2024 Relocation Celebration

Come to California. We can offer great weather and year round golf. We cannot offer light traffic, affordable houses, low taxes or low gas prices. We can however offer every type of restaurant you can imagine. Thanks for your consideration of the Golden state. :)

You're a bright couple. I'm sure you can figure out most of the reasons why New York led all states in population decline in 2022.

EDIT: Bernoulli, David7, and ddec are not among those reasons

Last edited:
My sister lives in Guilford and my wife is looking in CT. I am working on a hardline stance that if we move north, a sim room is a requirement in our house :LOL:
Guilford not a bad shoreline area for CT. Taxes are actually worse in MA and NY. Assuming you do get that sim...

I am in the Greater Boston area if you are considering it let me know. I am not very tightly tied into the local THP community.

You're a bright couple. I'm sure you can figure out most of the reasons why New York led all states in population decline in 2022.
Because it’s cold as hell and your golf season is way too short! I have my priorities straight :LOL: We are not city people (that I’m aware of) and I don’t think the rest of the state holds much appeal, so I do not think New York will make the list.

Because it’s cold as hell and your golf season is way too short! I have my priorities straight :LOL: We are not city people (that I’m aware of) and I don’t think the rest of the state holds much appeal, so I do not think New York will make the list.
On the positive side of the ledger, upstate (way upstate) has a great quality of life from April 16 to January 1. From January 2 through April 15, i's a dark, cold, confiscatory hellscape.

By the way, Guilford puts you ten minutes away from the greatest pizza on planet earth. Now about that simulator....:LOL:

Seriously, if I can help with any CT info, lemme know

On the positive side of the ledger, upstate (way upstate) has a great quality of life from April 16 to January 1. From January 2 through April 15, i's a dark, cold, confiscatory hellscape.
We’re not at the snowbird stage of life yet, but this is good information for when that time comes!

We’re not at the snowbird stage of life yet, but this is good information for when that time comes!

Just remember one of those four characteristics is not seasonal.

That hurts. :cry: Upstate is really nice especially in the spring, summer, and fall. I can understand it not making your list though.

I'm very disappointed that the negative @Canadan equation has not been mentioned.

I'm pretty sure we're offering a complimentary two-four with every successful immigration application 🤣 And the water is clean for the most part. I know you've seen pictures of moose, but have you ever laid eyes on one in person?

I'm very disappointed that the negative @Canadan equation has not been mentioned.

I'm pretty sure we're offering a complimentary two-four with every successful immigration application 🤣 And the water is clean for the most part. I know you've seen pictures of moose, but have you ever laid eyes on one in person?
My wife had a family dog named Moose, does that count? :LOL:

The jersey shore has some appeal

The jersey shore has some appeal

My buddy in Neptune is lobbying hard for Jersey.

Counterargument - live in Pennsylvania and drive to Jersey if I want to visit.

Seriously, though don't come to Canada. I mean, it's okay if you're born here, but there are so many better options south of the border.

Much to my dismay, the first two opportunities are in Connecticut and Central PA. This is such a foreign process to me. Interviewing now for a job that won’t start until 3Q24.

Good luck in the search. Sounds like it would be a fun ride.

Good luck, I'd vote charleston or nearby. Two big medical services MUSC and Roper. And expanding practices and old people.

Should y'all need a place to stay during that hunt, let me know we have room.

Back