RPP’s 2024 Relocation Celebration

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Stop me if you’ve heard this before…

My wife and I may be moving for her job in 2024. Unlike last time where she interviewed in a dozen states and was matched somewhat randomly by an algorithm, now she gets to seek out opportunities and selectively apply to appealing positions. She’ll network and interview over the next few months and could accept a position before the end of the year. I’m thinking our list will look similar to last year with the search focusing on the east coast between Maine and South Carolina. I may reach out to some THPers for advice as we get further along in the process. Thank you in advance to anyone who helps out along the way!

Good luck! I am in Pinehurst. I don't know what she does, but there is not a ton of tech in this area unless you count Raleigh and the Research Triangle or head out to Charlotte.

I am guessing it feels good to have more control in this move than the last?

Sad to see AZ didn’t make the cut.

Don't come here. You don't want to be the only other THPer near me. It'd be a bit much for you. 😆

Good luck! I am in Pinehurst. I don't know what she does, but there is not a ton of tech in this area unless you count Raleigh and the Research Triangle or head out to Charlotte.

I am guessing it feels good to have more control in this move than the last?
She is a hospice and palliative care physician. I already sent her a posting in Pinehurst! She wasn’t too keen on it 😢 definitely feels good to be in control of the situation. Approaching this very deliberately with the intent of making this permanent placement.
Cincinnati kinda sucks but the golf is decent haha

Come get some.
I lobbied to put Cincinnati on the list last year, but now that we’re in North Carolina it’s safe to say Ohio as a whole is out. Although I’ve been informed she is entertaining Columbus 🤮
Sad to see AZ didn’t make the cut.
HOT
Don't come here. You don't want to be the only other THPer near me. It'd be a bit much for you. 😆
Sold! :LOL:

Didn't even get a chance to unpack 😅

Maybe check Boone or Asheville.

Didn't even get a chance to unpack 😅
Tell me about it! :LOL: I’m not keen on another long distance move, but my leverage in this situation is still unknown.

Have you thought about Pennsylvania…:p
It would appear Philly, Lehigh Valley, and Hershey are near the top of the initial list 🥶

She is a hospice and palliative care physician. I already sent her a posting in Pinehurst! She wasn’t too keen on it 😢 definitely feels good to be in control of the situation. Approaching this very deliberately with the intent of making this permanent placement.
If you have not visited, you should. It is not for everyone. The area is still on the small side (population in the area including Pinehurst is around 45k) and has a lot of need for her skill set and First Health Hospice (I think that was the name of it) got a really high CMS rating recently.

If you have not visited, you should. It is not for everyone. The area is still on the small side (population in the area including Pinehurst is around 45k) and has a lot of need for her skill set and First Health Hospice (I think that was the name of it) got a really high CMS rating recently.
I fully intend to explore that area while we are living in NC!

Well, there's a smattering of THPers here in South Carolina. Some of us like @Hibs aren't fond of the state and will probably be moving to Florida. In the upstate you're close enough to Charlotte NC to play with other THPers there.

There's a couple here in the midlands... me and one in chapin I can't remember his forum handle right now. Move here and I'll play golf with you. And @dutchie will too when she's in town.

Charleston area has @JW Smoove @PapaJohick and a couple other THPers there.

It's growing here in the midlands... the infrastructure isn't being upgraded as quickly as the houses are being built but it'll come along before too long. It's not Atlanta or Charlotte traffic here. We've got a few seasons - winter and an occasional ice storm, spring for 3 weeks, summer, and fall for 3 weeks.:ROFLMAO:

Charleston/the low country is awfully pretty. But it’s getting quite pricey depending on the location. Golf here is fun. Charleston is rough due to prices going so high.

im Not sure if they still do it but Hilton head and myrtle used to do like a locals card where you’d get a good discount at the courses compared to visitors.

also, traffic here is bonkers. I know it’s not what some would consider bad in terms of LA, Dc, etc, but it’s baffling how bad it can be due to really bad infrastructure. So if you move here, be very smart about where you choose home compared to where work is.

It would appear Philly, Lehigh Valley, and Hershey are near the top of the initial list 🥶

Playing geographic tennis I see :ROFLMAO:

That said, the mid Atlantic THP crew will be happy to welcome you back if this happens!

Is staying where you currently are on table? What do you think of Durham?

Is staying where you currently are on table? What do you think of Durham?
I sure hope so! Love it so far, just not sure the right permanent opportunity exists here.

We still need to tee it up.
I know! I need to tee it up in general. Wife and I have both been working weekends and long hours. My soul needs golf and sunshine!

Don't choose CT unless you enjoy paying taxes

Back