Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
What do you think about this?

Seems super odd but I can’t say I hate it.. (I think I hate it)

Pga Tour Golf GIF by PGA EuroPro Tour

If you play a hook or slice you have to love this right

Wtf? Are those crater style bunkers?!?

I don’t mind anything except all those bunkers. Doesn’t look like you could even get out of them. Seems stupid

It makes sense from a land use perspective, but it's not much for aesthetics. Those bunkers look like a nightmare, did they take their design cues from the surface of the moon? :LOL:

Are those internal OB’s along all the fairways, or are people hitting into each other all day long?

Are those internal OB’s along all the fairways, or are people hitting into each other all day long?
I think I can see posts in the ground between the rows, so possibly they have nets up to stop wayward shots?

Might get interesting if they were 80 foot tall walls.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I read an article that they had a KPGA event here, need to see if I can find some footage

So let's say with some spacing between holes it's 9000 yards for 4 lengths of the property...so 2250 yards each lane. I am guessing based on one distorted picture that the complete course is maybe 5 or 6 times as long as it is wide.

Math says that makes the Fairways 100 yards wide...maybe not as crazy as it seems.

EDIT: I wasn't far off...each lane is said to be 2050 yards by 110 yards wide. I think I can keep most of my game inside that.

Last edited:
Definitely an interesting concept for land use.

If the land is uninteresting then why not. Also you can pay by runway. Only want to play 6 holes then only play one runway. It is an idea.

A Figure 8 course might make golf on TV appeal to a wider demographic.

Better than not playing but not an option I'd seek out if I had other options.

Interesting concept , I imagine that as land is premium , it would be heavily patronised . Remembering golf club membership is for elites and space and time constraints on the average person .

As for the “ course “ provides the challenge without the aesthetics

I mean, you gotta kinda have to play it if given the chance……

So let's say with some spacing between holes it's 9000 yards for 4 lengths of the property...so 2250 yards each lane. I am guessing based on one distorted picture that the complete course is maybe 5 or 6 times as long as it is wide.

Math says that makes the Fairways 100 yards wide...maybe not as crazy as it seems.

EDIT: I wasn't far off...each lane is said to be 2050 yards by 110 yards wide. I think I can keep most of my game inside that.

It’s still ooooog Lee!

You could set it up kinda “zig zag” and make it a pretty cool pitch and putt as well. Something like this could be the next step from Top Golf. Could be lots of possibilities.

The concept is interesting. Realisically half the holes we play here are side by side in a similar manner.
Does it save more space overall? Potentially, which would be a good thing.

Those bunkers though? f**k that.

on course OB hell?

Back