Ryder Cup Postponed to 2021

We’ll see if this month’s unnamed sources are more in the know than last month’s...

Throw enough **** at the wall, it’s bound to stick right?

Guess I’m glad I didn’t book plane tickets

Kingdom59 with good timing
f51d43a72edd5cff75ee3240d2b1c9e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just got an email confirming - tickets honored next year or can refund. 2021 will be the year!

welp, officially official. just got an email.
Damn. I know it’s a crazy world out there right now, but I was really hoping they could pull it off. Glad they didn’t try to hold it without fans though.

Well that sucks

so stupid.

why is it stupid?

I mean if they aren't allowing fans then I can see why they'd want to push it back.

even if they allow limited fans, it wouldn't bring in as much money or be the same atmosphere so why not see if things get better for next year.

why is it stupid?

I mean if they aren't allowing fans then I can see why they'd want to push it back.

even if they allow limited fans, it wouldn't bring in as much money or be the same atmosphere so why not see if things get better for next year.
Agreed. If you can’t pack the RC to the brim, it isn’t worth having. And travel restrictions for the European players and fans made this a necessity.

The RC must be protected for what it is, not merely played for the sake of playing it.

If this virus wasnt messing things up, was planning on an epic 2 weeks up in Wisconsin this fall.
Ryder Cup, Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame at Lambeau field followed by a week of grouse hunting.

Would have been fun!

If this virus wasnt messing things up, was planning on an epic 2 weeks up in Wisconsin this fall.
Ryder Cup, Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame at Lambeau field followed by a week of grouse hunting.

Would have been fun!

Crazy to think that neither of those events might not happen right?

I think it's the right call. There is no event that the fans can play as much of a role as the RC. To this day it's still my favorite sporting event I've ever been to. Hate to see it get bumped a year, but I have to think it's the correct call.

100% the right call, the Ryder Cup without fans just wouldn't be the same

I don't know if this was about having fans or if it was about possibly having trouble fielding a Euro team.

There are several players here already, but international travel is not looking like it will be getting better anytime soon, with euro players coming in who might not be able to return home without having to endure a 2 week or longer quarantine or possibly all flights being shut down....

Plus players who just would be concerned for the health of them and their family deciding not to participate, and those players that have been vocal about not wanting to play without fans....

Who knows, but I am bummed either way.

Normal golf with fans is enjoyable. Ryder cup without fans would be less than stellar, plus Euro team traveling might be worry some in certain instances given the recent tour spread.

I don't know if this was about having fans or if it was about possibly having trouble fielding a Euro team.

There are several players here already, but international travel is not looking like it will be getting better anytime soon, with euro players coming in who might not be able to return home without having to endure a 2 week or longer quarantine or possibly all flights being shut down....

Plus players who just would be concerned for the health of them and their family deciding not to participate, and those players that have been vocal about not wanting to play without fans....

Who knows, but I am bummed either way.

Probably some truth to that. Although with the US Open scheduled for the week prior, I would imagine those on the Euro Team would have made themselves available for that event.

The players opting out part is a legit concern. Hell look at those who opted out of the Olympics for "health reasons".

Probably some truth to that. Although with the US Open scheduled for the week prior, I would imagine those on the Euro Team would have made themselves available for that event.

The players opting out part is a legit concern. Hell look at those who opted out of the Olympics for "health reasons".

Yeah, but with the change in qualifying how many of the players that weren't going to be here anyway would have gotten into the US Open? I really have no clue on the updated qualifying for the open or ryder cup at this point, just curious on what prompted them to push back.

A month or so ago there was talks that the euro tour needed the ryder cup to happen because they needed the revenue it brought in to operate which is why I think they didn't postpone until they absolutely had to.

Back