Sarzar's Driver Fitting

Sarzar

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As many of you know I went and got a putter fitting at the end of January. It was the first time I ever did a fitting.
Tomorrow afternoon I will be doing a driver fitting for the first time. I will be doing this fitting with the same guy that did my putter fitting. I'm looking forward to working with him again & keep you all posted on how it goes afterwards.

In the meantime, any tips or pointers for my fitting?

If you want to see how my putter fitting went: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/putter-fitting-first-timer.8937058/

Swing your swing and let the fitter do there thing. In fittings they will ask for brand preferences and if you don't have any just let them do their thing and you swing to the best of your ability your swing.

They are a ton of fun! Hopefully you go in with your best swing!

Looking forward to following along.

My driver has been my best club for the past few rounds. Hoping I can bring that same solid swing into the fitting.

Nice! Let us know what you go with.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

can't wait to see what you end up with!

Tips? Get good and loose before hand, and don't worry if you don't have your swing that day. Fit for your miss.

Other than that? Have fun and enjoy it!

Looking forward to following along.

Just let your natural swing happen. Just like warming up on the range is not the place to be tinkering, the fitting be should just be you being you. Give the fitter as much feedback as you can, that will get you the best outcome.

Looking forward to this.

Good luck with your fitting!

Awesome! Excited to follow along!

Looking forward to reading about it. As far as tips, be honest about your preferences. It’s easy to say performance rules all but you have to like the looks and feel too. Don’t compensate for the results. That’s the fitter’s job.

Nice fittings are Fun. enjoy and soak up all the knowledge you can about your swing!

Should be a great experience! Just go in open minded as possible and trust the process. (y) Don't let bad swings discourage you and don't be afraid to ask questions and take breaks.

Here is a video of me hitting my driver yesterday... Not my best but pretty consistent with my average swing.
View attachment YouCut_20220426_232738128.mp4

Here is where it landed...
PXL_20220425_195504937.jpg

A little short but in the fairway with a good look at the green.
By the way, this whole fairway slants right so to be on the left side without rolling all the way down the hill is an excellent lie.

One of my goals with this fitting is to improve distance.

Make sure to hit a few with your old driver at the fitting.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes for you!

Interested to hear how this goes for you!

Looking forward to hearing all the …. details.

I have no tips or pointers but will enjoy reading about it because I love reading about other people's fittings experiences. Hope it goes well and you find the perfect fit 🙂

If the fitter hands you a combo, and it feels wrong, or just not good, hand it right back. Don't waste swings/energy on something that isn't right.

Don't try to make a bad combo work, when the correct combo is found, it should feel like a long lost friend, and the data will immediately show that.

I don't think CC normalizes, so if there is a specific ball you use, they should have them available to fit with. At least the one I go to does.

Also, have fun!

Back