Scott Piercy Social Media Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because he is irrelevant to their brand. If it was Justin Thomas they would have a totally different approach.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Hard to argue hypotheticals, but that's not necessarily true. High profile athletes can be even more damaging to a brand when they screw up. There have been some big names dropped recently because of stuff like this. That said, the top players usually land on their feet, and get new deals once the storm passes.

...I 100% disagree with making fun of a person for things beyond their control. Belittling someone because they're short, their eyes are brown, their hair is blonde, etc. is childish....
I think context and intent matter, though. Fun between friends, I have no boundaries. Weaponizing it to be deliberately hurtful - different scenario.

I think context and intent matter, though. Fun between friends, I have no boundaries. Weaponizing it to be deliberately hurtful - different scenario.

I can agree with that.

Guys we need to keep the politics and the name calling out of this thread or sadly we will have to close it.

I miss the good ol' days before cell phones...the internet is great and all...but as a celebrity/professional athlete/someone that has a lot of social media strap-hangers, you will never recover from misspeaks on social media.

I miss the good ol' days before cell phones...the internet is great and all...but as a celebrity/professional athlete/someone that has a lot of social media strap-hangers, you will never recover from misspeaks on social media.
There definitely is a big downside to social media and it's something that has to be used very carefully. Definitely need to remember that once you send a bullet downrange, you can't call it back.

There definitely is a big downside to social media and it's something that has to be used very carefully. Definitely need to remember that once you send a bullet downrange, you can't call it back.

can't put that toothpaste back in the tube

scott, is not popular enough to make a joke like that. tiger, phil or rory makes that joke and then apologizes they get away with it but scott piercy is a nobody so lets "cancel" him. somebody pointed out earlier how tiger was forgiven, ben was forgiven and even a guy like michael vick was mostly forgiven.

comment was stupid....you just have to be smarter in today's "cancel" society

Social media is the scourge of productive discussion and has brought down careers. Some might say the scourge of US society. It's so easy to insult or demean others, and we give into temptation. Now go to Confession.

Andy Anonymous can hide behind a keyboard and let'er rip... at everyone. But a celebrity or athlete? Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier! (for those who are too young, that is Howard Cossell calling an Ali-Frazier fight) In other words, that celeb is cooked, gone, burnt... Down for the count.

Last edited:
Exactly, this was done to distance themselves so as to not hurt their bottomline, not because what he said offended them.

Be careful....posting about that is what got Piercy in trouble!

Social media is the scourge of productive discussion and has brought down careers. Some might say the scourge of US society. It's so easy to insult or demean others, and we give into temptation. Now go to Confession.

Andy Anonymous can hide behind a keyboard and let'er rip... at everyone. But a celebrity or athlete? Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier! (for those who are too young, that is Howard Cossell calling an Ali-Frazier fight) In other words, that celeb is cooked, gone, burnt... Down for the count.
unless that person is....well you know the answer to that

Colin Kaepernick is possibly a terrible person, but what does he get for his stunts? A huge sponsorship from my least favorite corporation on earth...Nike.
His social media posts resonate with the current arbiters of wokeness, so he gets a pass.

It's perfectly acceptable to be a subversive anarchist cop hater, as long as you're not <insert chosen PC group here>phobic.

so having an opinion different from someone else's makes you a "terrible person"? sure why not.....:rolleyes:
If it we’re as simple as “differing opinions,” we wouldn’t be having this conversation. But keep doing you. It’s all good.

If it we’re as simple as “differing opinions,” we wouldn’t be having this conversation. But keep doing you. It’s all good.

Actually we would be. Martina Navratilova, former tennis great and feminist, opposed trans women competing against biological women and she was kicked out of a gay rights organization. I’d imagine she’d lose sponsors if she was still playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually we would be. Martina Navratilova, former tennis great and feminist, opposed trans women competing against biological women and she was kicked out of a gay rights organization. I’d imagine she’d lose sponsors if she was still playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean she opposed women playing against men, right?

His social media posts resonate with the current arbiters of wokeness, so he gets a pass.

It's perfectly acceptable to be a subversive anarchist cop hater, as long as you're not <insert chosen PC group here>phobic.
The common link between Kaepernick and Piercy is how their public image reflects on their sponsors. Nike thinks Kaepernick is sending the kind of message they want to associate with, and Titleist thinks Piercy's message is damaging. These are business decisions, made by companies trying to appeal to their consumer base. They're betting on the sentiment of people who buy their products, not some nameless 'arbiters of wokeness', whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back