Scotty Cameron putters

IMO the cream of the crop is whatever putter I putt amazing with. If thats a big orange fisher price putter so be it. : )

I've seen a Damascus steel Lajosi. But that can't be a good putter because it's from Australia.

If anybody can tell me how the materials used will help the ball get in the hole sooner, I will send you a prize.

A lot of putters are made out of 303 stainless, from just about every manufacturer.

I've played a couple Scotty's over the years and I personally don't think they're all that great.... but I do like the Scotty Custom Shop... They have a lot of options to really make your putter different & unique from other Scotty's.

If anybody can tell me how the materials used will help the ball get in the hole sooner, I will send you a prize.

Who wouldn't want a buttery smooth forged putter? Of course it gets through the slight brushing of the grass smoother because it's forged.

Haha, sorry I just couldn't help but bring up buttery smooth when the forged conversation pops up.

I agree with JB. Quality putters, but Scotty Cameron basically took his designs from PING. Not sure you can be "cream of the crop" if you wait for trademarks to expire. Again, just an opinion.

Thanks for pointing this out. I play a Scotty Cameron Newport mid-slant that I bought in 1999 (I think) which replaced a Ping Answer 2 (I think, I still have it). They felt VERY similar to me, which is why I liked it. Weight distribution more than feel off the putter.

I paid $210 for my Scotty back then and was shocked to see the current $350 price tags. Mine is still in great shape. I just re-gripped it and I put very well with it so hopefully I get another 14 years out of it.

I'm really liking my new Scotty, sure it's not a Japanese model or buttery forged or made from that magic blend of steel you can only find forged in the deepest, darkest forges in far east, but it's working pretty well for me. Still thinking of picking up a Versa for some mallet love. Do they make zebra striped putters in Japan?

34 putts with the GoLo yesterday. Still room for improvement, but a lot better than the 40, 41 at the same course previously.

Can't blame a poor putt, or bad distance on the putter.

Received the SC Fastback my fiancé got me as a present today. Some people see SC as a rip off and brand for posers, I simply like the looks and feel. I've played them in the past and enjoy their products. Sorry.

No reason at all to be sorry dude. Congrats on a quality putter! Hope it rolls well

The sorry was meant to be sarcastic, lol.

Has anybody tried to customize from SC's website? Just curious, planning to get one.

Has anybody tried to customize from SC's website? Just curious, planning to get one.

If you mean sending your putter into the Custom Shop, I sent one last year. Turnaround of about 1-2 weeks at the time. Did everything as requested, no complaints.

Futura X is going in the bag.

Nice. Of the big mallets, this one's the beauty queen. Reminds me of the Jetson's car too. :)

I'm all about making more putts, I don't care how obnoxious the look of it :)

Anyone still gaming the Scotty Cameron GoLo? I was thinking about benching mine, but then I played today and only had 28 putts.

The GoLo is as smooth as an Usher love song :D

Anyone still gaming the Scotty Cameron GoLo? I was thinking about benching mine, but then I played today and only had 28 putts.

The GoLo is as smooth as an Usher love song :D

Me. Mine is new so it will be in the bag for awhile. Distance control is excellent. Now if it would just read greens for me...

Me. Mine is new so it will be in the bag for awhile. Distance control is excellent. Now if it would just read greens for me...

Exactly the same for me man. Love the distance control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4

My golo head is trying to come loose. I had my club fitter extend it 3 inches and put 40 gram weight in the head of it along with a 17" super store grip. Love it now rolling it best I have any putter avg 31.61 putts per rd. I have had it almost a yr is it covered under warranty? Not even a mark on mint shape

Switched to a SC SS Kombi S a few years ago and fell in love. Being the S (stainless) model makes the mallet head smaller than the standard Kombi, which for me, was terrific. If you are a good putter with decent mechanics, then in my opinion you can putt well with anything - what it will come down to is feel. One thing I noticed right out of the gate when I switched is that the ball I used made an HUGE difference in feel and control. As said before in this thread, Scottys are well made and for some are the best out there. Regardless of what you go with, I would highly recommend getting fit by a professional and practice, practice, practice. Unfortunately, there is no magical putter that will take bad mechanics and turn you into a lights out scorer.

Just my $.02

I have two Scotty Cameron putters; a Studio Style Newport 34" and a Futura Phantom Mallet 34, both in stellar condition and both certified, and have never gamed either. The prices were right at the time and I thought it would be fun to have a couple in my putter collection. Lately, because of foul weather, I have been putting with the Futura.... indoors. I really love the feel over my Ping Anser and over my Niki Method. It just seems to be more controllable, and frankly I putt better with it. So, I'm considering gaming it at the next available opportunity. Hopefully the weekend of Friday the 4th.

Back