Scotty Cameron putters

Japanese putters are forged, and hand made (most of the time) So it's going to be better in feel and looks.

Both of those are extremely subjective... Extremely.

Forged doesnt mean it is better haha

IMO, theyre overpriced and overrated. Theyre nice putters but not worth the kind of money that Titleist wants for them. You could spend $150 on a TM, Odyssey or even spend $90 on a Cleveland putter and get something thats just as good.

Japanese putters are forged, and hand made (most of the time) So it's going to be better in feel and looks.

To who? Doesnt mean I'll think it feels and looks better. Cant agree with you

I'd honestly be curious to hear what examples you have.

That's all can really say about them. From reading on here, and on other sites.

my head just exploded. A cast/forged discussion combine with a Scameron discussion...... I'm going to pass out. durka durka

That's all can really say about them. From reading on here, and on other sites.

I'm not sure I understand.. I just wanted to hear examples of "Japanese putters" -- Not asking for the design elements haha!

I'm not sure I understand.. I just wanted to hear examples of "Japanese putters" -- Not asking for the design elements haha!

I ment something like this
c-tit90090-1%5B1%5D.jpg
being better

*need to be calm* ... but how is a Scottie, sold in Japan, and better than a Scotty sold over here? Why is forged better in a putter? wha... wha... wha... :brb:

*need to be calm* ... but how is a Scottie, sold in Japan, and better than a Scotty sold over here? Why is forged better in a putter? wha... wha... wha... :brb:

Magic my friend. Magic.

I know Scotty does some Asian releases for headcovers and such, but I didn't realize the process was different over there for putting construction and milling.

It's a putter. A nice one, but still, a putter.
If you think it's the best, then it is. If not, then it isn't.

Myself, I putt on sandy (occasionally rocky) greens and I couldn't deal with dropping that much on a putter I KNOW I'm going to scuff the bejeezus out of. YMMV.

Is it functionally different than any other high-end putter? Can't see how, but with putting you use what works.

I'm a hack. I couldn't tell if the head was quenched in the blood of Scotty's enemies or machined out of a big block V8. Forged and handmade? Isn't gonna sway me.

I cant tell if this is a serious post or not. Honestly kinda puzzled lol

Alright just to clear this up. I was just saying that Scotty, is not the cream of the crop. Compared to japanese putters. (in terms of price and quality).

Alright just to clear this up. I was just saying that Scotty, is not the cream of the crop. Compared to japanese putters. (in terms of price).

So are you saying that Japanese putters are more expensive thus better?

I am still curious as to which Japanese putters there are and are being referenced. Intrigued, really.

Perhaps the poster is discussing putters like the Miura models, etc.
I have a couple of them. Not my cup of tea, but some just love them.

Nope just the quality of the materials, is better.

Do you have any example? I am not trying to break chops. Genuinely curious also.

Your right. That's what I was trying to say.

Ahh.. yeah I don't know much about Miura aside from the insane prices I've seen.

Cream of the crop? No. But that would mean there is a cream of the crop. Titleist/Scotty Cameron makes a quality putter without question. So do many other of the premium putter companies out there.

Personally, when it comes to full milled putters, I am a fan of SeeMore. Cost is close to the same, and I like the RST technology, but that is a personal opinion. Others like the Scotty putters as much or more.

To be the "best" there would need to be a noticeable difference in manufacturing or materials and I am not sure that can be said.

I agree with JB. Quality putters, but Scotty Cameron basically took his designs from PING. Not sure you can be "cream of the crop" if you wait for trademarks to expire. Again, just an opinion.

Do you have any example? I am not trying to break chops. Genuinely curious also.

One of the putters are made out of SUS 303 material.

Back