CONTEST Scrap22's Grandaddy Memories Contest

haha I'm trying to find some pictures in the thread. I'll have one!
Oh I know you will. I am fairly certain there are 100 or more favorites...:)

awesome contest!

This picture is always one of my favs. We see it every year and it’s got to be a holy $h*T moment for all those that have been.

IMG_6365.jpeg

2023 was the first one I followed and as such, my take is limited. There were so many great pics from that year. The course looked fantastic, HQ was fire, dinners amazing etc. A ton of funny and beautiful pictures to choose from.

I'm a bit hesitant to post this one, since I know it's so personal. And if it's not okay, I'll remove it for sure. But the one that hit me the most was this:
Drp Daughter FB post.JPG

I was looking through the thread trying to find a photo of the moment, I swear I've seen one. But this was what brought home what the participants were talking about. Seeing this just slammed straight to my feelings. How much more GD is than "just" a golf event.

For me, it will always be this one from the 2022 Grandaddy because it led to the greatest t-shirt of all time. (If whoever made that t-shirt, I'd still love to have one...size XL, thank you!)

Love you @Hibs and @PackersGirl 🙃

1B4743E0-2E63-491B-8560-94D3520237F0.jpeg

I remember this one Haha.

BB35F8C5-DF3D-4F71-AD5A-12C00E73F8EC.png

I have two currently and obviously I’m a little biased with what year I chose. These are both from my year in 2021.

The first is of the picture I sent to the team and later posted in the thread of @JohnnyRodCG telling the team to get out of their rooms and down to the bar to hangout on night one
1709794E-639A-480D-B119-C17238C39116.jpeg

The second is actually of the “funny picture” that Team Callaway took before day one of matches. Not enough can be said on how awesome the Callaway team is. For helping be a part of this event during the busiest time of year for them while taking time away from their families to help make this a trip of a lifetime for us
53CCF709-86D6-4461-93F5-AE5408F1EB85.jpeg

Last edited:
I joined THP a few months before the 2021 Grandaddy so that year was my first intro to the greatest amateur event ever created! Wasn’t super active on the forum a the time, but followed along in the background and was in complete awe - what THP does for members and the awesome Callaway team. I remember thinking this picture was badass, not to mention it also came with the starting line up video courtesy of @JohnnyRodCG and @AT_CG.

F627E97B-12DD-4A9B-A9B9-6F9936CA67AD.jpeg

Awesome contest!

I have two currently and obviously I’m a little biased with what year I chose. These are both from my year in 2021.

The first is of the picture I sent to the team and later posted in the thread of @JohnnyRodCG telling the team to get out of their rooms and down to the bar to hangout on night one
View attachment 9168839

The second is actually of the “funny picture” that Team Callaway took before day one of matches. Not enough can be said on how awesome the Callaway team is. For helping be a part of this event during the busiest time of year for them while taking time away from their families to help make this a trip of a lifetime for us
View attachment 9168840
Solid entries. Never a doubt.

I joined THP a few months before the 2021 Grandaddy so that year was my first intro to the greatest amateur event ever created! Wasn’t super active on the forum a the time, but followed along in the background and was in complete awe - what THP does for members and the awesome Callaway team. I remember thinking this picture was badass, not to mention it also came with the starting line up video courtesy of @JohnnyRodCG and @AT_CG.

View attachment 9168844
This certainly was a great one!!

For me it's all about the bonding and the camaraderie of a once in a lifetime shared experience. Plus Team THP looked awesome in these GrandDaddy Green jackets.

1680714344162.png

For me it's all about the bonding and the camaraderie of a once in a lifetime shared experience. Plus Team THP looked awesome in these GrandDaddy Green jackets.

View attachment 9169426
This was the one I would probably post as well. Thanks for picking this one!

Not an entry.
Please tell me at least some of you pull that shirt out once in a while and sport it...:cool:
It's definitely in the rotation
Screenshot_20230405_225646_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230405_225753_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20230405_225806_Instagram.jpgIMG_20230405_225813_571.jpgIMG_20230405_225815_460.jpgIMG_20230405_230434_948.jpg

My favorite, and it took a while to finally track it down again, was from this past year:
The Rules from 2022. It needs a stickie honestly.
IMG_20221205_202045.jpg

it was honestly weird going back, starting at year one, and seeing the number of times I posted in support in all of the 50ish pages.... still remember sitting at work, door locked on my office, following along to every post live. Is there photographic proof of the event in that thread anywhere? I honestly dont think I saw any (times change, how pictures are hosted change).

Favorite participants? Every single one of you. I know its a cop out, but the Grandaddy transcends.... its about THP and Callaway. Not just the THPers who make it there, but everyone who follows along too.

Future participants? Would love to see @Junkyard make it to the show. Also @Just_Brad would love to go ;)!

Is there photographic proof of the event in that thread anywhere? I honestly dont thong I saw any (times change, how pictures are hosted change).
One of the huge reasons why Tapatalk isn't used anymore

Back